Any PT's out there??

amielh

Mummy to baby boy..
Reaction score
As the title says really, before becoming pregnant I was very active. I trained 6 days a week with a mixture of 4 cardio days at 6am, one weights session and one boxing session a week..

I am going back to train this week and could do with some advice???

Hey, how many weeks preg are you and why did you stop training?

I trained (pump, spin, aerobics and swimming - it is my job) until I was about 30 weeks preg, had to stop due to hyperemisis (sp?).

Avoid sharp turns, getting too hot and drink plenty of water.

xx

Im 14 now, just. I started training last week but only did one boxing session as it wiped me out for the week and a pump session. I am now doing 2 boxing sessions a week and one pump.

No particular reason why I stopped I hit a bit of a mental brick wall and didnt want to do anything untill I knew all was well at scan. (I no exercising is good throughout pregnancy, hense the mental brick wall)

To be honest I now cant remember why I posted this... Baby brain :dohh: Do you know if lifting weights whilst lead down is safe to do. I've heard so many stories about not lying on your back etc..

It is perfectly safe to lift weights, especially if you were training before. I lifted until 41 weeks.

A couple of important modifications:
Of course, anything that doesn't "feel right" is a no-no (for example, for me, chinups)
No flat bench or laying flat on your back
Deadlifts -> this is a controversial one. Some suggest it could lead to placenta abruption, others disagree. I avoided just in case. Not worth it (my mom lost her first son to abruption so I'm particularly sensitive)
Heart rate -> Again controversial. I didn't "push" myself
No hitting the bump obviously (no power cleans)

Trying to think of others but that's in general...

The no no's for me is crunches...now that just doesnt feel right and im terrified of my stomach muscles coming apart (dont no the technical term)..

I have heard different stories on lying on your back (i've read it can stop blood flow to the baby) in my pump session we doing chest and triceps on our backs?? Not heard of the deadlift one again thats interesting.. Are these defo no no's or ok if I was to drop the weights..

Think I have the energy to hit the boxing and circuits tonight now that feels weird in circuits jumping around/doing press up etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->