Any recommendations for washable breast pads?

NattieLou

Monkey Mama
Reaction score
I have a box of disposables I bought initially that is running low, but I would far rather use washables than buy more disposables. Has anyone discovered any good ones that are soft against the nipple and don't leak? I've seen some that don't have a waterproof layer and I think I'd be afraid of leaks with those. I guess bamboo or hemp and pul would be a good recipe? Any tips?

I don't know what they are like, but they have some pretty ones (think they are wild child?) on Jabula :)

Hi Nat!
I can't give recommendations for ones I've personally used yet, but I've got various silk/wool disana etc. ones and was contemplating the Wee Notions, these or the Wild Child ones on Jabula which all look gorgeous.
Hope you find something that suits! :hugs:

i have avent ones and imse vimse organic cotton ones - love both but imse ones are much softer on the skin

i dont think u necessarily need the pul layer unless you are proper squirting between feeds, so long as they are fleece backed you will get away with it :D

if i was making them id use fleece on the back and front because it is waterproof and also stay dry against your nipple, and then something like either terry towelling inside or microfibre, hemp and bamboo would be good too but youd need to have at least one layer of quick absorb on top of it as bamboo / hemp absorb slowly

x

How many pairs of washable breast pads do you need to have on average? I have ordered some from weenotions (3 pairs), but have no idea how many I might need!

Thanks

hmm i dont know really, i use to use 1 pair a day cos im stingy like that, then changed them if i was going out so i didnt smell haha, with washable ones i think ud maybe need to change them a bit more often so id say maybe 2-3pairs per day

x

How many pairs of washable breast pads do you need to have on average? I have ordered some from weenotions (3 pairs), but have no idea how many I might need!

Thanks

It depends how much you leak realy. I don't leak until I srat=rt to feed, so I usually only change 1 pad eac feed. I remove the dry one, feed one boob, by which time the 2nd pad is soaked, so that gets washed, and I put the dry one, which I took out, and a clean one. So 3 pairs is enough for me. The Popolini come ion a 3 pair pack, and have a stay dry lining.

i might start making breast pads actually, i have so many scraps that would be just perfect! would someone like to be my tester for them?

x

*raises hand* I'll test them if you want, Ellie! :flower:

ok hun, im not promising theyll be good cos ive never made them before lol, will get you some made up and sent off in the next few weeks, let me know your address

x

I was going to make some (though not bf yet I have had a few 'omg am I leaking?! No, not through the shirt yet, whew' scares). Not sure on patterns though. I have loads of fleece scraps around (though it will end up being purple leopard print unless I buy something else :rofl:), just need some inner absorbent fabric.
Any idea on patterns or basic measurements? Oval, round? Flat, contoured?

I had ellashouse ones and their fab!! I leaked very heavily in the first couple weeks but they soaked it right up, I changed them every 3-4 hours so they lasted a while.

im just gna do mine round, 4 pieces all held together, serged all way round, easy! well hopefully anyways lmao

x

Sorry for making the thread and then abandoning it. Isaac's had gastric flu these last few days, so it's been hard to find a spare minute.

Thanks for all the tips, girls. Jayleigh, I think I'm going to try the Ella's House ones, purely as they seem a bargain and you've had good success with them. I can afford to try 3 pairs each of the two different types they have, and it won't break the bank if they end up not working out for me.:thumbup:

I like Dr Browns because they are nice and large for my big boobies. Also tried Bravado ones which are okish.

I'd be happy to test breastpads ellie if you need anymore people :)

Sorry for making the thread and then abandoning it. Isaac's had gastric flu these last few days, so it's been hard to find a spare minute.

Thanks for all the tips, girls. Jayleigh, I think I'm going to try the Ella's House ones, purely as they seem a bargain and you've had good success with them. I can afford to try 3 pairs each of the two different types they have, and it won't break the bank if they end up not working out for me.:thumbup:

heya nattie,

can u report back?? im going to need to get some after babys born so feedback would be grately appreciated!!

xx

I'm interested too although a bit early for me so I'll watch this thread thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->