Any recommendations for washable breast pads?

Yep, I'll let you all know how I got on. I got two different types, so I'll feed back on both. :)

I'll be interested how you get on as well as I'm nearly out of disposible and really don't want to buy anymore!

I've been using Boots own brand washable pads and have 9 pairs, which seems to be just enough - I use one pair during the day and one pair at night. They very very rarely leak and I have a pretty strong flow/let-down of the squirting variety! :haha:

I hadn't thought of making them - I have some scrap fleece so maybe I'll have a go :thumbup:

As promised, I'm back to let you know how I got on with the breast pads. They took a couple of weeks to get here and I've now been using them for a while - would have fed back sooner, but have found posting hard since Isaac got here. I have now discovered that I can get him to sleep soundly on his own if I put him down to sleep on his tummy (only do it when I'm around to keep an eye on him). I now have me time during the day...finally! :happydance:

I digress! Just happy to have some time again. :blush: I bought the pads from Ella's House:
https://www.ellashouse.co.uk/breast-pads.php
To be honest, I'm a bit confused about the exact constituents of what I bought from the description and the drop down menu - not sure which microfleece option I got. :shrug: Anyway, I bought 3 pairs of hemp and light pink flannel and 3 pairs of microfleece and hemp (microfleece came in a tan colour). I'm pretty happy with both kinds, but prefer the microfleece as it's softer against my nipples and has a better stay dry feel. I use them with the hemp layer on the outside - don't know if that's the intended use? :dohh: I use these when I'm in the house or just popping out for a bit. I find a pair during the day and one at night usually does me fine. I do soak through sometimes, but tbh with my oversupply/forceful letdown and Isaac's reflux I'm not too fussed, as I generally have milk/sick on me by the end of the day anyway. :rolleyes: When I'm out and about for longer or wearing a tighter top, I wear ultra slim disposables as I find them more leak proof, and the Ella's House ones can show a bit through my bra as they're bulkier than the sposies.

At the end of that essay, I'm definitely pleased I bought these. I like them for around the house and I use far fewer of the sposies now. I would recommend the microfleece ones, and you just can't beat the price at £1 a pair! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->