Any reviews on kushies ultras?

Scampie

Mummy to Sam and Finn!
Reaction score
Just bought some off of Ebay, but im a little unsure what kind of nappy they are and if they come with everything i need to use them?

Heres a link to them:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120619353810&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Any opinions on them?

Hate to be negative, but TBH these are very poor nappies. I hope you didn't pay much for them! The outers are PVC not PUL, and are not only hot to wear, but also will go hard quite quickly. The inners are cotton flanellette, and not very absorbent, but take ages to dry, as the plastic outer means they can only dry in one directon. The shape seems to fit very few babies, although if you have a chunky monster you may be lucky and find the fit is OK. Because of the plastic, you have to wash at a maximum of 40º,and you can't tumble dry.
Sorry to be negative, but you did ask! IMO, kushies are one of the nappies which do sa great disservice to the reputation of washable nappies, as they are one of the few available on the high street, but are such poor performers. They have never been upgraded or improved since their inception about 12 years ago, when they were the original shaped nappy, and a brilliant idea at the time!
This sounds really horrible - sorry! But my advice would be to resell them, do a trial of some other nappies before you buy anything, and then use the money you get from the re-sell to buy something you know will work and fit, and use the money to buy something b!

Hi,
I bought some preloved to bulk my stash, but have only pre washed them and in my house they took 3 days to dry!!! They also feel really hard. If you get on with them, then I can sell you five more for a pound each plus postage, (or make me an offer!). I didn't pay much and am not going to use them as my LO has eczema and I think they'll irritate it.
X

Never mind, lol. They are new and dint cost much so i can just sell them on again. Bad me and my impulse buying, lol.

Oh no! I was about to go out today and buy some from Mothercare. Glad I didn't now :wacko:

I'm not keen on mine but use them for wash day if there's nothing else. I get a good fit and don't find the absorbancy too bad (nowhere near great though). However they take an age to dry and seem to retain stains!

They were my first nappy (last week, ha). I got five for 20 quid, brand new off e-bay, which I thought was pretty good since the same in the shop is 45 quid. Impulsive buying at its best. I can get mine dry in a sunny day on the line or overnight over the back of the kitchen chairs, and I have put them in the tumble drier on low. But I don't like the marks they leave on Jack's legs, and the absorbency is rubbish - once he's wet it, it's all sodden against his skin. Hopefully, some of that will improve now that I have my fleece liners.

I think I'll keep them for my back-up/last resort nappies because I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy them preloved. I've one e-bay cheapie (originally from the seller 97kgallery, via one of the girls here) that I like a good deal, so I've just ordered x16 of those. I just received two Pop-Ins today, which I think will make good night nappies (unsure of whether I need the night time boosters yet). And I've ordered a preloved Magic-All that I hope is going to be a good night nappy. After that, I'll just have to sneak in the occasional nappy past DH!

Haha good luck with the sneaking. After 3 weeks of nappy collecting im out of space to keep them all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->