any second time+ mummies babies not engaged yet?

B

Belle25

I have been told my baby felt engaged before, but today the midwife said she is at the brim(what does that mean exactly?) but not engaged.
Anyone else's baby not engaged in a second or more pregnancy?

xx

Same here! and i only have 8 days left lol
My little man keeps moving as though he is going to get engaged but then changes his mind and goes back to his fav position :rofl: I see my Midwife again on the 22nd so will see what she says then

Yeah my midwife said it just takes a few strong contractions for them to engage, its quite common with second babies cos its easier for them to wriggle free.

Hope this helps xx

Hi

I spoke to my midwife about this last week as i was disapointed that my babys head hadnt engaged and someone i knew who is due after me has! (Im 35+2wks)
She said that your first baby can engage anytime from 32wks but doesnt mean that you will go into labour and could still go over. She said with your second baby (which im having) your baby can engage anytime (although usually later) or even while in labour! This is because things arent so 'tight'.....nice! So that made me feel lots better as my baby is still doing somersaults with no intention of engaging!
Good luck x

My OB said that with second babies, their head usually won't engage until labor. It is more common for them not to engage until then. My baby's head is low, but not engaged.

my lil man has been at the brim n free that many times ive lost count lol im on number four but i have heard before that if your on baby number 2 or more then baby wont engage till you actually go into labour but i guess its different for everybody wont be long n we'll all have our babies in our arms i cant wait xx

Hehe I just had my little girl 2 nights ago :) ( second child) dhe did not engage until it was time to push !!!! I was very worried she would not at all but she did. They told me it was normal for second time mummys

So does this not effect if you will go into labor or not? My lo is low but not engaged and I have been worried that I won't go into labor if he is not engaged!

What others have said already, it's pretty common for the second+ baby to not engage till the last minute. Must be the extra room as our bodies are slightly more 'stretched' then the first time round ;)

it doesnt affect you going into labour ds2 was stubborn and refused to engage till the day i was induced and already in early labour

With this one, my third, she only engaged as she was being born. She was floating high right up until delivery!

My MW said they just bob in and out lol and they normally don't fully engage until in labour.

Thanks everyone. Has put my mind at rest!

So long as she doesn't try turning things will be good!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"