Any Sling Users Out There???

Poloma

Mum to 3 Little Stars
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a sling for this baby, really gonna need my hands free with two toddlers and a newborn! and Im planning on Bf again too so figured it would make life easier?

But I dont know which one to get?
Any reccomendations?
I've looked at the Freedom Sling anyone got one of those?

Thanks for any advice

Oh I hope someone answers this because I really want to know what people think of them too! They look nice and modern and seem useful..

I have a Baby Bjorn and I LOVE IT!!!

Really easy to use IMO. :)

i have a Close Baby Carrier and really like it. It's easy to put on and really comfy.i hear the material wrap style like this is better for bubs as it supports the spine.

I have one of these too and I love it (and so does Jay) :D Always seems to put him to sleep within a couple of minutes of being put in it :D

xx

I have one of these too and I love it (and so does Jay) :D Always seems to put him to sleep within a couple of minutes of being put in it :D

xx

The Baby Bjorn is more of a carrier isnt it? the harness style ones?
I had one of those with my 1st lo and it gave bach ache! mind you he was 9lb 8oz at birth! lol

Will go and have a look at the Ellaroo and see what thats like

Thanks for the replies ladies!

xx

If Hebe is a bit unsettled, it does the trick! I dont know much about other types of slings, but I think its dead easy to get on and off - even my hubby can do it on his own!! :rofl:

x

I was given a mamas & papas babycruzer as a present- I find it a bit awkward to put on tbh and it feels heavy on (my baby is quite heavy though too.)

I would like to use one of these when the babys born I just think it will be so much easier round the house plus the baby will be close to me

we have a moby wrap for ffion and a mei tai for rhys

Moby here too.

No matter which carrier you use make sure baby is positioned in it so the sit on their butt rather than straddle the center part of the fabric with their legs hanging straight down. Their hips can get hurt if they are carrioed in that position too much.
:hug:

Moby here too.

No matter which carrier you use make sure baby is positioned in it so the sit on their butt rather than straddle the center part of the fabric with their legs hanging straight down. Their hips can get hurt if they are carrioed in that position too much.

Sorry, but what do you mean by that? Which position are you recommending?

https://www.slingcarrier.com/

im getting one of those, and then a mei tai.

Moby here too.

Sorry, but what do you mean by that? Which position are you recommending?

2. CARRIERS THAT HAVE YOUR BABY HANGING BY HIS CROTCH MAY BE UNHEALTHY. I had heard that jumpy seats and walkers can be bad for babies' developing bodies, but now there are claims that certain carriers can cause spinal stress. A friend of mine told me about this concern and once I started reading about it, it made sense to me. Apparently the main concern is using a carrier which has your baby dangling by his crotch, e.g. in many of the front infant carriers and even some back framed carriers. Apparently this position can put stress on the spine affecting the development of the spinal curse and possibly spondylolisthesis (slippage of the vertebra). Most of the ones that allow the baby to face forward in front, e.g. the Baby Bjorn, have them dangling this way. Even though this doesn't seem to be a widespread concern yet, it does make sense to me that this position is not a natural position for a baby to be held in. And that's why I like that The ERGO Baby Carrier positions newborns in a sling-like position, until they are able to control their own heads, then in a natural seated position.
https://www.backpainreliefonline.com/babycarriersandslings.html

You want the baby to be in the Buddah, or frogleg position:

FROG.jpg

not the crotch dangling:

https://celebritybabies.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/22/carrier_blk.jpg

Just something to consider...

I have a Belle Baby Carrier.

It's pretty great,I don't usually wear it outside,mostly in the house and if there are a few erands to do.
Lola really likes it as it's fun for her and she's close to me :)

i have a freedom sling which im yet to use but its massive and looks really cosy

i have a close baby carrier and a ring sling (which i hate!!). I love the close carrier as its so comfy and the fabric is really soft. she fits in it well and is very comfy in there. would recommend to anyone!!

I have a moby wrap, haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to using it.

hye lulu why do you hate hate the ring sling? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->