Any smokers?

princess_x0

Reaction score
Any WTT smokers in here? Any trying to quit/going to quit before TTC?
I want to quit now, even though I have a couple of years ahead of me I want to make sure my body is in tip top condition but I am finding it SOOO hard to quit, I started to read Alan Carr's 'Easy way to quit smoking' but I kinda got bored.
Anyone wanna start a little pact thing, help eachother? xx

I don't smoke, but I admire you for quitting before ttc. I know some one who carried on smoking, is now prego and is struggling to quit!

A family member said that when she quit, she didn't tell anyone. So it took the pressure off!

I tried not telling anyone, but when your with your friends and they offer you one, I find it so hard to say no otherwise I sit there sniffing the air drooling :rofl:
I just know if I don't quit now I never will. xxx

Hi! I have recently quit. I last had one nearly three weeks ago. I didnt smoke much anyway, I suppose I gradually cut down. I dont want to quit but i know i have to if I want a baby, so thats what has motivated me to stop. I think you just have to gradually get each one out of a routine (if any of them are a routine). It helps when Im not around people who smoke, but I can bear being around smokers. Good luck on TTQ (see wot i did there hehe!) If you need some advice I will help you all I can :) xx

Alan Carr's book was the answer for me. Okay, I agree it's boring as he repeats himself so many time but you won't know until you've finished the book as he tells you to continue smoking until it's finished.

My friend used that new drug, Champnix (think that's what it's called).

Good luck!

Well done you! Good luck with that! I have been cutting down now a 20 deck will last me 2.5 days. A year ago that wouldn't have even lasted me a day..So I guess I'm getting there (fx) xx

Yeah that's what I got bored of, the fact he repeats himself so many times. I will pick it up again later.. x

Yeah that's what I got bored of, the fact he repeats himself so many times. I will pick it up again later.. x

:rofl: he sure does. I read half of it and put it down for months and months it was that bloody boring :rofl:

Get reading! as it may help you stop altogether and well done on cutting down.

XX

Yeah, the book started off promising but after a few chapters you're screaming at the book to shut up. :rofl: xx

I used to smoke lots, for years and i quit..wow, will be two years this july!

The only way i could do it was getting sick, lol. I had a sick bug so didnt smoke for a week, then i figured i might as well keep it going! The social aspect is the hardest, so you need to change your patterns to stop you craving.

Hi. I used to smoke (a lot!). I tried to quit when i got engaged and would smoke quite a few sticks every now and then. My husband doesn't mind me smoking so I tried getting back but it tasted different and would'nt go to my taste. I eventually just stop. It's hard for the first 1 week especially when your friends are smoking but I did which is amazing. Then I got pregnant and promise myself not to smoke again. Goodluck hun!

Hi There,

I gave up smoking New Years Eve and believe me I have found it very easy considering I smoked about 20 a day, I just decided that I didn't want to get pregnant whilst still smoking, don't want my baby (if I'm lucky enough to have one) see me smoke. The best way to do it is to not try and give up until you really want to or it just won't work and then just go cold turkey, if you get past the 3rd day you start feeling better about it, don't get me wrong I still reach for a fag when I'm driving or last thing at night but then I remember that I gave up and I'm ok again, at least I'm not freezing anymore because I'm not nipping outside for one anymore.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! good luck mate.

Hey
I am a fellow smoker :sad1: I'm embarrased to say that I am on about 20-30 a day depending on whether I go out or not. DF smokes but only about 5-10 a day so not that much and he can go days without smoking at all but I just cant.
I am planning on quitting after xmas next year when start to ttc as that should take my mind off it. Just focusing on not biting my nails at the moment (habit since I got teeth, according to my mum!! lol) and its going alright, I think if I can stop biting my nails, surely I can quit smoking!!!
Good luck on TTQ, ill get there as soon as i can :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->