Any Teachers waiting???

Ohbaby2015

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm new here:) I am WTC and a big reason we are is because I work in the schools and want to try and get pregnant and give birth at the most convenient time in the school year. I'm just waiting for June to roll around so we can start trying and give birth hopefully in the late Spring/early summer if it all works out. Any one else waiting for the same reason???

Hi I am not a teacher just a parent, at my sons school in the past few years my sons teachers for the past 3 years have all got pregnant and my son has had 2 teachers every year so far.
It's a running joke that it's a lucky class and any teacher will get pregnant half way through the year.
This year I am pleased to say we had a male teacher who if his wife did get pregnant would only need to take of one week .:happydance:

I just wanted to add I think it's a nice thing you are doing to wait so you don't upset the school year.

I'm a teacher but I'm not too concerned about that....I just want an older child in the academic year! Lol.

I'm a teacher too. I want to fall pregnant in the winter so I am due around the summer holidays. That way I will have some time off before baby is due, then be off for a school year and return on the last week of term so I get paid over the summer.

It isn't a huge concern for me tbh.

I teach music lessons after school, so my schedule is similar, just later in the day!

I honestly feel that it's going to take a while with my irregular period and I'd hate to have that timing pressing on my head as a reason to start trying at a certain point and then possibly stop for several months just to get that timing to work out... It would be dissapointing and stressful to put that time limit on myself and my partner.

I am honestly quite sure I'll lose students by taking a maternity leave.

I'm a speech therapist so I don't have a whole class I'm in charge of, however my special Ed team relies on me so if possible I want to time it at a good time plus have extra time with my baby during summer break without financially being impacted :) At least for the first time trying! I feel like I may take a while to get pregnant too like you Ottopup. I probably won't stop TTC once we start though:) I'm only getting older so I don't want to only get pregnant when it's the best time of year, but I'll try at first:) I wish June would hurry up and get here! In the mean time we want to take another vacation and save $$$

Hi. I'm new here too. I am a teacher. We are going to start trying sometime in the spring. I'm not to worried about when I will give birth. My family runs a pool business that is super busy from April to September. I work there to so any time is busy. I will just be happy whenever it happens (hopefully sooner then later)

I'm not a teacher yet, but I'm graduating in a little over 4 months (woohoo)! The main reason we are waiting is to finish school and to plan delivery for spring and early summer.

I'm board hopping here as already have kids but I'm a teacher and planned my first baby around the school year.
I aimed for Sept but ended up with an October baby and the timing was perfect. Went back for 3 weeks in Sept after the hols before starting Mat leave and returned to work in July to get full pay over the holidays.
Think January is the time to conceive for a sept/oct babe.

I'm pregnant now and due in Feb so not my best timing!

Good luck all x

I'm a teacher and plan to have a Jan/Feb baby. I get almost 18 months maternity so it means I will miss the second term of next school year and the whole of the following year. Feel bad that I will start a school year with a class and then perhaps leave them at Christmas but I think I prefer that to coming back part way through a school year to a class that has had another teacher for the first term.

I'm not a teacher but my DF is! So yes we are waiting until this summer after our wedding because it seems like the perfect time to start trying and with any luck we'll have a late spring/early summer baby so that DF will have the whole summer off to help me out with the kids, especially while baby #2 is still so young.

I'm finishing my masters in elementary ed this semester. We will be trying September of 2016 so I am not pregnant my first year and will hopefully have the baby late spring/early summer. I won't be going back to work until the kids are in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->