Any tips for constant nausea

rach_13216

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So last night I had the worst nights sleep due to feeling like I had the hangover from hell! Wasn't sick but was nauseous all night long. Not so bad now i'm up and have ate a little, but i'm off work this week. Just wondering how i'm going to cope when i've to go back to work. Was wondering if anyone has any good tips on how to relieve sickness even just for a nights sleep!lol

get some lavendar to put beside your bed to help you sleep, and b4 you get out of bed eat one or two ginger biscuits (keep em beside your bed!) worked for me, last time i was pregnant

Good luck and hope you feel better soon. be sure not to put the lavendar actually on your pillow as it can cause headaches if too close

Have you tried a "Seaband"? Its got some good right ups. I bought one last week from Amazon in preparation for MS and nausea.

Worth a look.

:hug:

Wendy

Thanks

Will have a look into it - anythings worth a shot!

Starting to feel ill again - I think i'm going to need to eat every 2 hours, through the night and all!

Sea bands are the bees knees! Made me feel human again!

Seabands rock! I cant recommend them enough lol! They're definately worth the money (They're £7.95 from Boots chemists) and really do take the edge of the nausea! Most of the time, it's gone completely but occasionally I do still feel a bit icky but nothing I cant handle :)

I had bad nausea all the way through the first trimester and the only thing that worked for me was dillute Lemon Barley - I drank gallons of the stuff!!! Was able to eat whilst drinking the stuff too :happydance: just try different things hun, everyone is different and fingers crossed you'll find your "cure" :hugs:

Ooo i'm gonna try them sea bands, i have found today the smell of polos and eating them is helping a little :hugs: XXX

try the sea bands...

ginger gives me heartburn so ginger never worked for me :(

but I bathe or shower before bed...I stayed in there for a while...it helped me...

I tried not to eat right before bed...
and sometimes I had to eat something "dry" before going to bed...like crakers and stuff (even though crackers are the worse to vomit)

your coc could also prescribe you something for nausea

I read that water with a bit of lemon splashed into it works well. Also ginger mints, or ginger tea, and crackers.

When I have nausea and feel like vomiting I also find that taking deep breaths and then holding them before exhaling, makes the nausea go away. It works every time!

OH yes I forgot...
Lemon works best for me...
I either make a lemonade or a squeeze a small amount of lemon in my hand and lick lol
I cant live without lemons...
I crave lemons now lmao

Lemons *shudders* bleurgh!

:rofl:

Iv had enough of mine now, im going to the docs for some tablets. I cant cope like this and look after my daughter.

ginger aid. try those sickness wrist bands, u can get them in chemists or boots x

Eat, even when you don't feel like it because you feel so ill. I found that helped me loads, but I was still sick/nauseas so much so don't know what else to suggest!

Yes, eating small snacks or meals helps too, since low blood sugar can bring on the nausea. The last few times I felt nauseous it was because I hadn't eaten for a while. When I ate something, the nausea subsided.

I've not quite got to the sickness stage yet as I'm only 6 weeks, but my god the last 2 times I was knocked out for months:cry:

It usually hits me at about 7/8 weeks and I have to say the only relief I got was in the 10 or so minutes after each time I was actually sick!

I do think eating little and often is the best way of coping and just try and take it as easy as possible.

I've been very fortunate being able to give up work ever since I found out I was pregnant with my first. My OH is a farmer so happy to have me at home. I can't begin to imagine how awful it would be to be at work and feel so horrible. Bad morning sickness just completely rules your life, it's so hard to do anything!

My tips or coping at work, is to pretty much eat all day...salty foods helped me and i tried to drink a sip of water at a time..

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->