Any tips for TTC over 35?

The guafinessin/robitussin worked amazing! I was shocked. I get get a little ewcm before but it was crazy the amounts I got. I am afraid to try EPO because unread it can after your cycle? I'm already "normal" in that respect and don't want to mess up what is working well and the cough meds don't mess with hormones.

Bonnie, that's excellent. When I experimented with it I was also amazed at the difference it seemed to make. I didn't keep it up as we were on a break from TTC but I'm definitely trying it again this cycle and will report back :thumbup:
How much did you take per day?

The guafinessin/robitussin worked amazing! I was shocked. I get get a little ewcm before but it was crazy the amounts I got. I am afraid to try EPO because unread it can after your cycle? I'm already "normal" in that respect and don't want to mess up what is working well and the cough meds don't mess with hormones.

Bonnie, that's excellent. When I experimented with it I was also amazed at the difference it seemed to make. I didn't keep it up as we were on a break from TTC but I'm definitely trying it again this cycle and will report back :thumbup:

I had read 200mg 3x a day. I got 400mg caplets and broke them in half-hate the liquid :sick: most days I only remembered two doses. I noticed a difference after only 3 doses.

Wow that's AWESOME to hear that the guafinessin/robitussin worked so well!! I hate cough syrup too, so the capsules are a great alternative. I hadn't heard that EPO can affect your cycle... not sure what to think about that!! The months I took it, my cycle was still exactly 28 days (I'm thankfully very regular) and I ovulated on day 14 or 15, so it didn't seem to do anything to me other than give me more CM. But, like you, I was wondering what it does to your system to make you produce more CM. I've read a bunch of stories of ladies who used it and got BFP's, so I know it works for some women, but we're all different... so who knows! Maybe I will try the cough syrup pills instead of the EPO though!! That is so crazy and great to hear that it worked after just a couple days!! I'm all about quick results LOL. Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone,
My boyfriend and I are TTC. I am monitoring my BBT, and we have not conceived in the last 2 cycles. I seem to be ovulating, but I am not sure if I am producing enough cervical mucus. I have a 6 year old from a previous relationship and my ex and i conceived my son on our first try. I am trying to drink grapefruit juice (I heard this helps with cervical mucus). I also seem to be late for my period with every time we try. I seem to be having pregnancy symptoms around day 18 of my cycle (sore breasts, feeling tired and nauseous). I used a few HPT and they all came back as negative. I even had a negative blood test through my doctor. Has anyone had any of these symptoms while TTC? I am going to wait until 6 months of trying before I see my doctor about our fertility.

Hi there, my husband and I started trying when I was 37 (first baby), I've only just received the news that I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm now 40. I had blood tests which were all clear, a scan which was normal, husband tested, all good. We just kept trying and bingo!!! We'd given up hope! Keep going... they say it gets harder the older you get.

Congratulations CherryLips :happydance:

Can I ask how many natural cycles ttc you went through? I'm 39 and ttc #1 and expecting a long wait...

Happy and healthy pregnancy wishes! :)

Congratulations CherryLips!

I read to take 1 tsp 3 times a day with a large glass of water.

I read to take 1 tsp 3 times a day with a large glass of water.

yes-thats what i took-the equivalent of in capsule form. and i only remembered to take it 2x a day most times and it still was a huge difference!

I used this from my 3rd cycle ttc:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MUCUS-RELI...W3Z2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346324827&sr=8-1

I'm 40 and had noticed a definate decrease in my ewcm, even from conceiving my son when when I was 36. This definately helped me increase the amount of ewcm and we got pregnant the first cycle we tried it...

If I remember correctly I took an average of 3 tablets a day from around 3 days prior to ovulation.

Hope this helps

Kathy

I used this from my 3rd cycle ttc:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MUCUS-RELI...W3Z2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346324827&sr=8-1

I'm 40 and had noticed a definate decrease in my ewcm, even from conceiving my son when when I was 36. This definately helped me increase the amount of ewcm and we got pregnant the first cycle we tried it...

If I remember correctly I took an average of 3 tablets a day from around 3 days prior to ovulation.

Hope this helps

Kathy

Kathy, congratulations on your pregnancy and hope all is going well for you. Fantastic that you conceived on the first cycle you tried it - definitely a good advertisement for guaifenesin!!! :thumbup:

I bought Boots own brand here in the UK and the instructions say to take two 5ml spoonfuls every four hours up to four times per day. I suspect 3 -4 times per day should be sufficient.

Kathy congrats! And thanks ladies for the info on dosage. I'm heading to the drugstore tonight to get some prenatals so I'll look for the guafinessin/robitussin. I may still take EPO (haven't decided, but since I had such good EWCM this month, I might stick with what was working) this month, but may also give the cough syrup drops a try right before O-day. :):dust:

Hi ladies , I'm 38#4 . My kids are all older youngest being 15 and eldest 20 my bf youngest is 8 . I'm entering my 2nd cycle and 2nd month of trying . I've cut out alcahol (ok had a bottle on monday for my b day ) and I've been taking preconceive . I could have sworn on falling this month but A f arrived . I think as we are older we are more aware of our bodys and less likely to chill and let things happen . I'm much wore conserned what I put in my body now compered to when I fell for my others . I don't want to obsess but I can't help it . Maybe because I feel time is sort of running out as I don't want to be to much older before it happens (just my personal choice for me ) . What is the mucus relief thing all about. ? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->