Any vet nurses on here?

Yeah im really enjoying it! I deffo think ive made the right decision! Its (obviously) soo different to teaching, but i love it! It has its sad parts, and its stressful parts, but working with animals is just so rewarding! This cat hadnt eaten at all after its op & it had to eat before it went home, and i eventually persuaded it to demolish a whole tin of cat food! I felt so chuffed! lol! I think that something that annoyed me about teaching is that: there is no end goal/result... even if ur kids get fantastic results, u gotta push em further n make em do more...& it made me feel like whatever u do isnt good enough, because you could always do better (not sure if that makes sense?! lol!) but this is different!

Id love to be vet nurse - sounds like you def made the right decision.
xx

Good for you! Think how awesome it will be to tell your child that mommy saves animals for a living (I'm a major animal lover). By the way, that's a huge dog in your profile picture!

:rofl: Im tempted to describe my career as "I help kittens get better!" Sounds too cute for words! Thats my "baby" in my pic! lol! She is a bit of a monster, but such a softy.... I had to get up at 5am the other day..... because there was a fly in her bed that she wanted me to get rid of, because she was scared of it! She was just whimpering at it from the corner of the room!!! :rofl:

The major decision for me was the wage cut: Choosing between bein rich & miserable, or poor & happy! I finally went for the latter.... but ive recently realised ive made that decision before! When my parents divorced I chose to live with my Mum in her 2 bed housing authority flat, rather than live with my Dad in his 5 bedroom house with stables, horses, acres and an orchard.... and i felt pretty damn happy about my decision! Wouldnt have had it any other way!

Yeah im really enjoying it! I deffo think ive made the right decision! Its (obviously) soo different to teaching, but i love it! It has its sad parts, and its stressful parts, but working with animals is just so rewarding! This cat hadnt eaten at all after its op & it had to eat before it went home, and i eventually persuaded it to demolish a whole tin of cat food! I felt so chuffed! lol! I think that something that annoyed me about teaching is that: there is no end goal/result... even if ur kids get fantastic results, u gotta push em further n make em do more...& it made me feel like whatever u do isnt good enough, because you could always do better (not sure if that makes sense?! lol!) but this is different!

That's one thing that I love about this job, you can really feel as if you've made a difference and getting an animal to eat is one of those things! Sending an animal home after major surgery/medical treatment and knowing that the nursing care has made a big difference to their recovery. Much more important than the vets :winkwink: I do have days when I come home and cry and it can be very stressful but I still can't imagine doing anything else. I'm really glad you're enjoying it :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->