any wheelchair using mummies?

MissyMojo

Army Wife, Mam & BFP
Reaction score
i have h.s.p and I'm struggling to walk around now, looking into perhaps getting a wheelchair for longer walks/journeys but wondering how other mummies in wheelchairs cope , as my 1yr old still needs a buggy or would need to sit on my knee??

Hi. I'll be a wheelchair using Mum soon. I use my chair to some degree most days but thankfully my condition is more controlled than it used to be. The rest of the time I use crutches.

A 1 year old could happily sit on your lap (but TBH I'd have baby in a sling for safety - wheelchairs are bumpier than you think!) but you can also get extention things to attach to a wheelchair to put LO in. You don't have to pay for these though! You can get them from Social Services - adult services. Don't worry though, they're not there to judge your parenting and disability, but to assessyour disability and see what can make your life easier.

Some people who are disabled are also entitled to some degree of free childcare, again through adult services, at a nursery or with a childminder. I don't know much about that though.

Hope this helps?

im living in germany atm as my hubbys in the army so i dont know what if any ss there is out here,

i can manage short journeys - ie to the supermarket at the end of the road but i cant go much further and if i do , im then stuck in the house for a few days til i have more strength to go out again, so looking at getting a chair for longer journeys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->