Any working mums been away from baby for 2 days?

charlie15

Reaction score
I am back to work now, I work shifts which are long, basically a day shift I leave at 6.30am and am home at 8.45. Now normally I am only working twice a week and the days are split, but in order to have Xmas off I have to work the whole weekend after :nope: My daughter is not up until 7.30 and in bed by 7.30 pm so I won't see her at all from Friday night until Monday morning :cry: I am dreading it but I know that it's a one off and it's what I have to do.

I just wanted to ask if any mums have been away for this long and what you did for your supply, could I dry up that quickly after nearly 14 months of bfing? I was thinking of pumping before and after work, but I haven't pumped for maybe 8 months now so not sure that my body would respond to it :shrug: oh and we normally breastfeed twice a day, morning and evening.

Any tips if advice would be great :thumbup: thanks.

Hi. I haven't had the same situation as you but i did have to leave my lo with my mom for 2 nights when he was 3 weeks old. I had to have surgery and he wasn't allowed in the area of the hospital i was in. I was only able to pump a few times (5 or 6) in almost 72 hours.

I'm still able to ebf even though my supply did dip. What i would suggest is pumping a few times a week until the week of your shift. That way you have time to get used to it again. Then pump morning before and then after you get home for 15 or 20 minutes. That way your body knows you still need milk at those times of day. You may experience a slight dip but if you do, just pump after feeding lo for 3 days and it should come back.

These are tips my lactation consultant shared with me. Remember, bf is a supply and demand thing to a large extent.

Hope this helps :) and good on you for being such an amazing mommy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->