any1 using cassava supplements??

z0e_ttc

pregnant 1st trimester
Reaction score
hi :) im new to this site.
wondering if anyone is using cassava supplements? ive recently started taking them along with folic acid. ive also got a CBFM but not used it yet waiting for my period to arrive.
anyone else using the same things and is there anything else i can do to increase my fertility?
any help would be great :) thanks xx

hi :) im new to this site.
wondering if anyone is using cassava supplements? ive recently started taking them along with folic acid. ive also got a CBFM but not used it yet waiting for my period to arrive.
anyone else using the same things and is there anything else i can do to increase my fertility?
any help would be great :) thanks xx

I have been taking cassava for three months now! Where did you get yours? They can be pretty hard to find... i made the mistake of thinking yucca was the same thing and ended up taking something that doesn't even help for a month. i felt stupid after!

I'm taking a lot of supplements... Omega 3, DHA, royal jelly, evening primrose oil, folic acid, red raspberry leaf tea and prenatal gummies!

Wow...this is clearly a lost thread. I can see you got your Bfp Zoe. Congratulations!!!
Just found out about cassava supplements used for fertility on cd1 of my current cycle. I a bit upset cuz I've got loads of cassava at home. I actually come from the so called tribe where they say the percentage of twins is one of the highest in the world I feel so foolish not to have known this before. Even though I ordered some of tnhe capsules I am also taking a good amount of dry ground cassava as part of my diet everyday. My mom is a twin and she gave birth to twins so hopefully i'll be just as fertile. I'll see how it goes..here's hoping thus is our cycle....

Leigh...did you have any side effects from the cassava. I seem to be having some..

Wow...this is clearly a lost thread. I can see you got your Bfp Zoe. Congratulations!!!
Just found out about cassava supplements used for fertility on cd1 of my current cycle. I a bit upset cuz I've got loads of cassava at home. I actually come from the so called tribe where they say the percentage of twins is one of the highest in the world I feel so foolish not to have known this before. Even though I ordered some of tnhe capsules I am also taking a good amount of dry ground cassava as part of my diet everyday. My mom is a twin and she gave birth to twins so hopefully i'll be just as fertile. I'll see how it goes..here's hoping thus is our cycle....

Leigh...did you have any side effects from the cassava. I seem to be having some..

I haven't had any side effects yet. I've been taking them for three months now. The only "side effect" (if yu can call it that) is that if I take it on an empty tummy I burp a funny taste, so now I am just sure to drink plenty of water and have a snack with it or take it at meals. What kind of side effects are you having?

Where did you get yours? My first bottle I got from the foreverblessed place, but I wasn't convinced they were the real thing so I tossed them out and ordered from the other place. I didn't even take any of them though, but compared to the ones I have now, they look VERY different from one another...

Did you grow up eating cassava? Do you like it? I tried it, but I wasn't too fond of the taste... Definitely not fond enough to force myself to have some every day, which is why I went for the capsules instead.

Hi there! Wanted you gals to know that I've been boiling half of a cassava (small sized) for one hour every single night for 3 months now, and only eat the skin! My older kids crack up at me and sit to watch me choke it down. I was told by my cousin (obgyn) that its the skin we need. I have my hubby stop every Tuesday at an ethnic grocery store and buy 3 cassava's a week. We hope to conceive twins this September. I was told other things to do as well by my cousin. First time to ever be on a forum!!! :happydance:

What is cassava exactly and where could i get it, and how much do you take??? i would love to try it.

Cassava is a tropical yam. You can get it at ethnic stores and even Publix (from the south). It's a veggie (root). Every night I boil half of a small one for one exact hour and then later when cooled eat the skin (bark) only. Thats the part that makes the chemical to help you hyperovulate. It's not too nasty, haha. It is...but I just hurry and eat it while my teenagers laugh at me. It's suppose to really help with twins. You can order capsules online, but its pricey, and you get more bark (peeling) by doing it the good ole fashioned way yourself.

Ive had cassava cakes and cassava fries... I don't really like them. The capsules are easier for me, but to each his own!

YES I am taking cassava! I looked at the ForeverBlessed place too but it just looked like white powder in the capsules, I ended up going with the ones at Cassavashop. I got a coupon code on retailmenot for 10%, 10FORGOS. I was taking one a day but now that they sell huge bottles for cheaper on the website I upped it to 4 a day. LOL

Gossling, it's smart what you're doing! It is sooooo nasty to eat that bark every stinkin' night! We just have cassava every where down here in the deep south. That's awesome you can take 4 too! What is that, like 2000mg? When are you gonna try for twins? Soon? We are end of Sept or first of Oct. My body is crazy still from nursing, so I still have scattered periods. I just want a June baby. Being a momma to a litter, haha, it'll be easier to have a summertime baby. I just joined here too. I look around at tips to conceive twins.

Gossling, it's smart what you're doing! It is sooooo nasty to eat that bark every stinkin' night! We just have cassava every where down here in the deep south. That's awesome you can take 4 too! What is that, like 2000mg? When are you gonna try for twins? Soon? We are end of Sept or first of Oct. My body is crazy still from nursing, so I still have scattered periods. I just want a June baby. Being a momma to a litter, haha, it'll be easier to have a summertime baby. I just joined here too. I look around at tips to conceive twins.

We get to start next week, but I have been planning this for months, probably since last fall now that I think of it. Not that I really have all that much control, but I've researched everything I can in the hopes! I'm a planner, what can I say. The other thing that seems to really influence for twins is massive amounts of folic acid, and everything else is just for increased fertility. I figure, the more my fertility is increased, the more eggs might come out? :winkwink:

Of course, my friends think I'm crazy. But at least my husband is on board, so that's what really counts!

Me too with the folic acid. Since March I've been taking 4,000mcg's and then July 1 I started 4,800mcg's. I'm a fertile myrtle too...so I'm hoping the folic acid and cassava (and tons of dairy) will help me drop 2 eggs as well. Did you just stop taking birth control pills? That's what we'll do right before we start trying. I'm on the mini pill because I'm still nursing my two year old daughter. I read that nursing and taking the pill helps too. Haha...my hubby is supportive too. Although when I choke down my cassava bark at night he rolls his eyes at me and thinks I'm a dork I know. Oh well. We'll see if it works! Good luck next week! That's exciting!!!!!

I'll be so excited to see if that folic acid works as well as the cassava. Did you take clomid or anything else when you started your period two weeks ago? I'm gonna take soy iso's from Walmart on calendar days 3-7 I think. I read that soy is quite similiar to clomid. Hopefully I release 2 eggs! Are you doing anything else? I'm taking a prenatal, 5 extra folic acids, eat my nasty cassava peels nightly, and drink my whole milk. I'll be excited to watch your journey! Are you in your thirties? I'm 36.

did the cassava?yucca and folic acid work for any of you and you ended up pregnant or with the twins you wanted ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->