anybody done p90x or insanity?

hi! i actually bought a burned copy lol i want to try it out. my daughter just turned 7 months and im still fat! i mean i havent done anything about it- but summer is near! and i need to lose 20 pounds! are you trying it?

I have played a little with P90X. Love the workouts but they are killer hard and you need to watch the video's because you need some equipment. I haven't been able to do them all because they require a minimum of an 1 to 1 1/2 hour a day depending on what day you are doing.

I am looking forward to doing them regularly when time permits...I did see some results in the couple that I did.

I'm currently starting week 2 of P90x and even though I seriously want to bludgeon that annoying Tony instructor guy with a barbell, I will admit that I am already feeling a difference in my strength.
I am doing this with my husband, so we're working around his shifts and the children's schedules to get the workouts in. That isn't always easy, but having a partner is making all the difference on this one.
And yes, the workouts are pretty killer. I was fairly sedentary when we started, so I'm getting my ass kicked. But it feels awesome. Even though my muscles really really hurt.
It's early days for me yet on this one, but I think the biggest drawback is the time involved for doing both the diet and exercise regime. You definitely need to plan.
I'll dig this thread up in a few weeks and let you know if I'm still feeling good about it! :)

I am in my 3rd week of P90X. I am doing it with my husband as well, but he is one week ahead of me. The accountability of doing it with him has helped both of us. When one of us wakes up tired and not feeling very motivated, the other usually gets both of us going!
I'm also enjoying Shakeology as a meal supplement to boost my weight loss and to give me extra energy, since I am a mother of five. Love it!

P90X does take some dedication since you have to do it daily, but can be done in your home. I have a friend who has it and the warmups even make you tired.

P90X does take some dedication since you have to do it daily, but can be done in your home. I have a friend who has it and the warmups even make you tired.
Yes. It does take dedication, and it is very hard at first. I could barely move by Wednesday of my first week!
But with time, you get stronger and can complete more and more of the workout which is really empowering. Beachbody also has a great system of accountability if you become a free member of their club. You can work out with other people in your same situation. IMO, it's an essential part of attaining and maintaining your fitness goals.

Just noticed that this thread got active again, so thought I'd update:
I did not do all 90 days of P90X. I made it to about 80 days and then I just needed a break.
The good news?
I lost 19.8 lbs, am 4 inches skinnier around my waist, and am way stronger and fitter than I was before. This has really helped my body recover from my second pregnancy, too. Losing weight and gaining muscle really helped all the pelvic and lower back alignment and pain issues I was having. (I did a lot of physiotherapy for that, as well.)

I have decided to go ahead and join my husband on the Insanity workouts next. I'd like to try to shed another 15 lbs before TTC again.

Overall, it was successful for me, but I have to say that this is a really hard regime to get through with little kids. You have to make it a priority.

Sarahkka, sounds like you had some great results! Congrats! Are you and your husband members of Beachbody?

P90X before Insanity for sure, Insanity is harder. Both are great. I have done both. They are a nice break from my traditional routine (I do powerlifting).

Nice results sarahkka!! I have my p90x waiting for me when I get my 6 week check up... Can't wait to get started exercising again. I have always been a bit of a gym rat so we'll see how exercising at home feels. My gym in the states had a nursery when my daughter was born....can't find a gym with a nursery here so will have to make due at home until he is a bit bigger and has a better routine. I feel pretty good but could stand to lose about 20 pounds still....I'll keep you posted on my progress!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->