Anybody else doing this?

fairykate

Mad as a box of frogs
Reaction score
So, if I don't fall pregnant this cycle, I was thinking of using BC/condoms or whatever next month (after AF shows at the end of March).......

Reason being that due date would then be literally Xmas week and I really don't want to be giving birth on Christmas day!!! Also, it's bad enough having my birthday on Halloween (damn trick or treaters!) so I think it would be even harder to have your birthday around Christmas!!!

Anybody else agree with me, or am I just mental? :headspin:

xxx

I've been thinking the same thing actually :)

I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense.

But with the way I am if I get pregnant at all it'll be a miracle so why not a Yule/Christmas/Holidays one?:winkwink:

No it make perfect sence. My dad's birthday is Dec 22 and I feel like he gets jiped. Here your birtday present/heres your christmas present. Its hard with all that going on around then to do something special for his birthday.

I know what you mean. My cycle seems to have settled at around 35 days so if I get a BFP this month my due date would be Dec 24th! Having said that though my nephew is 14 and his b'day is Dec 22nd. We always said that we would always treat his birthday separately and would never do the joint Christmas/Birthday thing and we never have so I feel positive that we would do the same for our Christmas baby. I just want my BFP and don't mind when

Nah, you're not mental - I've thought of that too. My birthday is two weeks after Christmas but I never had the issue of joint Christmas/Birthday gifts except from extended family who mailed gifts instead of coming to the holiday or birthday celebrations.

OH and I have decided we are going to hold off on NTNP/TTC until after our wedding. We keep going back and forth though so who knows. If we got a BFP this month, the estimated due date would be around 12/20 but after this month, I don't want to NTNP or TTC because I don't want to risk having morning sickness on our wedding day and honeymoon....

I guess it's a personal thing, and also depends on how hard you're trying or how long you've been trying for.

This is only my first month NTNP, so if (god forbid) it should go on until this time next year I'd probably feel differently, and just get the BFP anyway I could!!

I also work in retail and have done for the last 12yrs, so the only time I get off at Xmas is Christmas day!!! Esp with sales and stuff beginning on 26th I really do feel like I'm missing out and was kinda looking forward to having Xmas off on maternity leave one year soon(fingers crossed!!). I would feel a bit robbed if that year was overshadowed by labour/birth!!!! :blush:

My birthday is December 22nd (popular I guess!) and I hated it growing up!! My big one I am worried about though is in May getting a BFP and possibly having a Leap Year baby! My hubby thinks it would be so neat, but I would feel bad if LO only had his/her real birthday come every 4 years. :haha:

My birthday is December 22nd (popular I guess!) and I hated it growing up!! My big one I am worried about though is in May getting a BFP and possibly having a Leap Year baby! My hubby thinks it would be so neat, but I would feel bad if LO only had his/her real birthday come every 4 years. :haha:

Actually, my manager is a leap year baby, and just celebrates her birthday on 1st March, has never really bothered her I don't think :winkwink:

I honestly don't care when my baby's birthday will be, been trying for almost 7 months now so I'd just be happy with a BFP, whenever that may be.

I think about that stuff every time we have sex >.<

See- my b/f tried extra hard this month and I didn't even realize it until I was checking due dates- if I got pregnant this month, she/he would be born right around his birthday....which, of course, is something he wants. His son already shares the month with him (his son is Nov. 5th, he's Nov. 22nd, and if I got preggo this month the due date would be the 29th).

Personally, I want my baby to have his/her own birthday not clouded by holidays or others' birthdays. Maybe I'm selfish (in a way), but I want my child to be spoiled absolutely rotten come birthday time- which can't always be done around the holidays. Why? You gotta share all that love, celebration, and lets not forget MONEY with every other family member. No thanks.

I hadn't really thought about it either. I guess if I got preggo this go around it would just be meant to be and we will deal with it.

I understand wanting my baby to have her very own birthday but realistically, I just want to be pregnant and regardless of when our baby is born, there will be either a holiday or a family member's birthday around the same time since the family is so big. Just in my immediate family there are several birthdays in January, February, March, April, June, August, and October. Then with Christmas in December, it would limit my TTC to only February, August, October, and December!!

And regardless of when my baby's birthday is, even if it's the day of Christmas - we will make sure she has her very own celebration separate from the holiday or someone else's birthday. My birthday is two weeks away from Christmas and my parents always made sure they were treated as two separate celebrations.

A girl a few years above me at school was born on christmas day but had a birthday party every year in June to completely separate the two occasions.

My sister's birthday is the day before my mum's (both in mid December) and all but once or twice have had separate birthday celebrations, the main issue was joint birthday and christmas presents but that seems to have stopped now she's older.

We have decided not to really try next month as the due date would be 25th Dec and with already having a little girl and having had a c-section with her I would not want to risk being away all over the xmas period in hospital.

Watch- next month will be your NTNP month and you'll get pregnant. I have a feeling about it- let me know if that happens.

I hope for your sake it doesn't because you don't want it to- its just that when we don't think about it is when it happens (my mom tried for 7 yrs to get pregnant- only for it to happen when she stopped trying and had become more focused on losing weight and her health)

We had thought about this, probably me more than him, and tbh, not 100% worried right now if I fall pregnant and have a December baby, but probably nearer the time I'd probably panic on how its going to happen each year as we have my OHs birthday on 24th Dec, Christmas, BILs birthday 27th Dec, my sisters birthday 2nd Jan, my sons 7th Jan.. in a way, my son was 5 weeks early so I might not even reach December lol

My Dad's birthday was on Christmas day, and he always really enjoyed it! He said that he enjoyed always getting to be together with his family on Christmas, and not having to work like other people!

Christmas is such a magical time and full of family time and love, I would LOVE a christmas baby so trying EXTRA hard next month :D

July28th makes a good point. It would be nice to have a birthday where you get presents ANYWAY...AND you get to be off of work/school!

My birthday falls on Easter every once in awhile- I end up getting more candy than anything those years, but it ALSO means a big Easter dinner made by my grandma- so I guess its an even trade :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->