anybody else had a LEEP?

tjayne07

1 earth 1 angel 1 on way
Reaction score
So I had a leep about 2 and a half years ago and only this morning did I think of looking it up and how it affects pregnancy.
It basically says that most pregnancies continue as normal and very few need a stitch in their cervix.
Has anybody had a leep on gone on to have a normal pregnancy?
I only had the one treatment and they didnt take too much of the cervix away.
Ive since had regular smears and they are all normal and the nurse seems happy with how it has healed.
I wi be asking my mw on tues about this bit wondered if anybody else had been through this. :)

I had a lletz and my midwife was referring me to a consultant as a precaution. I had a missed miscarriage but it wasn't related.
I think the risks are usually when you've had multiple or how much was removed xx

Thats what I thought. I had my mc about 8 months before I had the procedure so I know it was nothing to do with it.
I guess ill have to see what the mw says on tues I know your monitored a little more close and they check cervix quite often from around 16ish weeks?
I dont think a great deal of my cervix was taken but I will mention it regardless x

I have had 3 leep procedures in the past. First two were early on (about 7-8 years ago, right after finding out I had HPV), and the last one was in Sept of 2011. My OB knows about all three of those procedures as well has my female health history, but didn't seem worried at all, though I was very worried, especially after reading the book, "What to expect when expecting". I'm almost 20 weeks along now, and everything has been going wonderfully. I do know that there still a chance but I figure if there is a problem my doctor will let me know.

I too had leetz around 2 and a half yrs ago.
I was worried after reading horror stories on the internet.
My consultant reassured me and am currently 32 weeks with no problems.

Thanks ladies! All answers ive read are the same thing. I shall let my mw know anyway just incase xx

yeah just make sure your mw knows so that if there is a problem that should arise, it can be handled quickly (ie getting your cervix stitched).

had a LEEP in 2002. Have been pregnant 6 times since, 1 term. However, LEEP has nothing to do with my difficulty carrying to term.

I had one 6 years ago... My doctor is going to do weekly ultrasounds between 16-22 weeks to check for shortening and decide at that point if I'm going to need a stitch or not. I was worried as well because the awful doctor who did the LEEP told me I may never be able to carry a child (I was 18 when I had the LEEP) needless to say, I never went back to him. My OB now doesn't seemed concerned but she's going to monitor me.

GL!

As other people have said, the risk is usually when you've had multiple procedures which can shorten the cervix.

I just wanted to chime with reassurance because I had a LEEP done May 2010. I was pregnant December 2010 and carried the baby to term with no complications due to the procedure.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->