Anybody else in sorta, kinda denial?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Im 9 weeks now. That seems like A LOT. I am sufferer of morning sickness, though things ARE getting better so its not like I don't FEEL pregnant, I just haven't really THOUGHT about it. In my head, its too soon for me to be showing. I'm thin, I always bloat early and transition to the belly seamlessly, but it seems so shocking to me right now. I think about how far along I am and thats shocking too. I think about another baby and thats the most shocking to me!! I'm almost at the point where I started feeling the baby move this last time around!! Just thinking about this baby moving in me makes my heart beat faster. I feel like I'm a little bit in denial...anyone else?

I am 13 weeks and it doesn't always feel real to me. Maybe it's because this is my third, but I remember being so highly aware of my pregnancy all.the.time with my first two. With this one, I don't necessarily forget-- it just doesn't seem like it's really happening. I had a few days of it feeling totally real after my 11 week scan, but now I'm back to finding the whole thing hard to believe. It's like I can't wrap my head and the fact that there WILL be a baby here at some point. So weird!

Congrats on the baby. I hope you feel less like you're in denial really soon. I'd say that feeling the him/her move soon will probably cure that! LOL. Was this little one planned?

I was pretty much pretending nothing was happening until my scan yesterday. Now every so often I keep thinking we're having another actual baby and freaking out a bit!

Thanks! That makes me feel better! This little one was planned in theory. We have been very vocal about wanting 4 children, but as time progressed I started to lose steam with the idea...i.e fine with 3. DH and I had a discussion about it and he really just wanted to know where I stood with the whole idea. We talked for a long while before I stammered a "ok, lets have 4..." little did I know, at that point I was actually pregnant! So not unplanned per se but I definitely don't think I was mentally there to be pregnant. As I hear the heart beat I get excited but like you I get back to feeling like its not real....! Im sure once movement starts than it'll be different. I hope!

Maybe the denial is a defense mechanism. ITs either denial or freaking out! lol

This is my third and I don't feel pregnant at all!! Nothing like my first two.. No cramping no nausea etc. Just hungry, tired and sore boobs. I was still in denial that at 22 and 23 dpo I took more tests and of course they were extra dark lol but idk. I guess it won't feel real until I see the baby June 14

I just found out yesterday I am and for quite some time I ignored the symptoms. Even when I saw two positive tests- I wasn't shocked just in denial.

Still in denial over here and I'm booked for a c-section at 39 weeks... :-0

I am still in denial about my first and he is 10 soon.... I sometimes think, who the hell left me in charge of these little people!!! :blush:

I am still in denial about my first and he is 10 soon.... I sometimes think, who the hell left me in charge of these little people!!! :blush:

:rofl:

I feel the same way sometimes - my son is 8 now. I'm 26 weeks with my fourth and there are still quite a few days where I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that I'm actually pregnant and there will actually be a baby here in a few short months.

I can understand that! For me, it's not denial but I'm always 15 weeks and sometimes I forget/don't feel pregnant. I feel like it will be more real when I'm bigger and can feel baby moving around and whatnot.

Lol! I'm soooo in denial. It'll change once I can feel the peanut move until then I'm like "naaaaahhhhh I can't be!"

Definitely denial at first so much so that I refused to do a test until I was over 2 weeks late and even then I nearly fell off the loo when it came back positive, I deep down knew I must be pregnant as I'm never ever that late I'm so clockwork you could set your watch by it :haha:

Now its more of a disbelief its finally happening and its all going well, people keep asking if I planned this one, my response is hell no I'm 40 why the hell would I plan for another at 40 :blush:

This has been a long journey but it just doesn't feel real. I was at the point on mentally changing DS's status from being my first to my only. We weren't prepared for any more treatment after this round.

I too am the wrong side of 40, and I dread people asking was it planned. So far only one friend knows who also knows the story.

You know I don't like when people ask me that either! When you have three kids and one on the way the first question is always "on purpose??" Most people just aren't used to more than two kids! Much less 4!

I'm in denial, too, at 13 weeks. This is my number 3, and it definitely was NOT planned. In fact, we were PREVENTING. All the doctor could say was, "Birth control isn't 100%" Lovely. Not that I don't want the baby. But... not planned. No. Stunned.

I don't think this will be real for me until I start feeling regular movements and showing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->