Anybody else on Antidepressents?

danii25

Reaction score
So, I've been taking Anti-depressents for about 6 months now. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I talked to my doctor and she didn't say much, but we talked about weaning off of them. I did what she instructed but now I'm sicker than I have been in a while. I guess I can handle it, but am worried it might affect my pregnancy. On the other-hand I was nervous about continuing them because there isn't a lot of studies on how they affect the baby. So I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience on this?

No experience there, bit wishing you the best. First trimesters are hard, even under the best circumstances. Tiredness, nauseousness can bring down even the best among us. Hang in there!!

Thanks! Yeah I'm torn on if this is withdraw or if it just pregnancy lol!

Well, good to see you have not lost your sense of humor. Keep it going!

I have a lot of experience with this! I have been on zoloft for about 16 years. When I had my daughter about 10 years ago, they were slightly concerned but the benefit by far outweighed the risk. Now, all these years later, zoloft has been the most studied antidepressant in relation to pregnancy, and doctors aren't really concerned about it at all. They just mention it to you to be aware that it could possibly be a risk, just so they can cover the topic on their end. As for me and this pregnancy, I actually started taking only half of my normal dose like right before I conceived. I didn't think a baby was going to happen that month and just wanted to cut down on my somewhat high dose. That was about 2 months ago and I haven't felt the side effects from cutting it down, probably because the pregnancy symptoms masked anything there might have been.

While I should not have cut my meds in half without a doctors approval, stopping antidepressants completely cold turkey, even if you were only on them for such a short time is very, very dangerous so be careful! If you ever want to talk more about it feel free to pm me anytime :flower:

I am in the similar position although im bloody scared to see my doctor tomorrow because I feel like he isn't going to be very happy with me!! I just found out this morning im expecting my third I have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old I have been on sertraline for about 5/6 months only a low dose im torn want to do about it aswell, I rang my dr he said to take it today and we will have a long chat tomorrow and then he said how do you feel about this? and I said well im ok with it but he seemed like im doing the wrong thing ? :(

I was on sertraline for a few months before finding out about this pregnancy. I came off straightaway, because my doctor told me to only continue taking them if the benefit outweighed the risk. I didn't want to risk any harm coming to baby, so even though I have felt utter shit since coming off them, I'm glad I did. X

I'm taking Sertraline (Zoloft) right now, and have been wondering this same thing.

I am taking Celexa and my MD is not worried. I am on a low dose and I plan to stay on it.

I was on 1200mg a day of gabapentin (for anxiety) it comes with some fairly major withdrawals so I've slowly been tapering h. I'm down to 300mg...dropping to 150 tomorrow. It's soo hard though especially cuz one of the side effects is insomnia and us mommy's to be need our sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->