• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody else on baby watch?

cheerios

Mom of 5 (4 on earth 1 in heaven)
Reaction score
HI! I'm 39 weeks today and I'm getting increasingly impatient that baby is not showing her face yet.

This is my 4th pregnancy and I think I got complacent that my pregnancies got progressively shorter.

My first was at 41 weeks (17 hours labour, 10cm effaced and yet unplanned C-section).

Second one was 39+4 days (natural VBAC!!! So so so thankful that I didn't have to go through the trauma of another unplanned C-section).

Third one was 39 weeks. Best best best birth ever. VBAC again. No epidural. No tearing. Very quick birth.

I was hoping that my 4th one would be less than 39 weeks but she is my first girl. So maybe she's already doing her own thing. Had my gynaecologist appointment today and everything looks fine. Just no movement on labour front yet. Baby's head is engaged already though.

Anybody in their last stretch??? Need some bump buddies to encourage me on!!!

I convinced myself my third would be early and he wasn't!
I know how you feel.

I'm very conflicted feeling :haha: where I would really like to not go overdue I don't feel ready yet to be having this bubs! She'll be our last and I'm trying to make the most of my last pregnancy. I'll be 38 weeks on Monday and by then my birth pool will be here and ready to go so maybe I'll start to get a bit impatient after than, but I was late with our first two so expecting the same again!

They were 40+3, then 41 weeks, then 40+6, hope it's sooner for you, x

HI! I'm 39 weeks today and I'm getting increasingly impatient that baby is not showing her face yet.

This is my 4th pregnancy and I think I got complacent that my pregnancies got progressively shorter.

My first was at 41 weeks (17 hours labour, 10cm effaced and yet unplanned C-section).

Second one was 39+4 days (natural VBAC!!! So so so thankful that I didn't have to go through the trauma of another unplanned C-section).

Third one was 39 weeks. Best best best birth ever. VBAC again. No epidural. No tearing. Very quick birth.

I was hoping that my 4th one would be less than 39 weeks but she is my first girl. So maybe she's already doing her own thing. Had my gynaecologist appointment today and everything looks fine. Just no movement on labour front yet. Baby's head is engaged already though.

Anybody in their last stretch??? Need some bump buddies to encourage me on!!!

4th baby here too! I've never been this pregnant before. My other 3 all came around 38 weeks. I have an induction set for tomorrow morning though!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'll join you too! I'm almost 38 weeks, baby #4, first boy! My first baby was 40 weeks exactly, 22 hours of labor, almost 4th degree tear :(
My second was the best, 11 hours, 2 pushes, 2nd degree tear, 39 weeks.

My 3rd was the worst: 2 days of on and off labor, 40 minutes pushing (I was exhausted), 2nd degree tear, 39 weeks. That being said, even my worst wasn't as bad as some...

So here I am, I've had 2 nights where I thought he was coming and it stopped. I had scary bright red bleeding two nights ago (went to hospital, they didn't know what was the cause, but baby was doing great!)...all to say after that bleed I just want him in my arms! I will get my membranes sweep on Wednesday. That worked with baby #2, hopefully it will again!

Any updates? I'm getting my membranes sweep today. Wish me luck!

Any updates? I'm getting my membranes sweep today. Wish me luck!

Hey dear!

No news yet! I can’t believe I’m one day away from hitting 40 weeks! I’ve only gone past 40 weeks with my first pregnancy! Argh.

How did your membrane sweep go?

Well, nothing is happening. I feel like since I've never had my babies at 38 weeks it's probably not very likely to work.
I was a little crampy and have a little spotting. It worked my last 2 pregnancies at 39 weeks and those time took about 24 hours before it kicked in. So I'm not out, but not crazy hopeful :)

We can wait together!!! I’m 40 weeks today!! But I think my due date is 24.9 instead of 21.9 because I know when we DTD — only once! Haha. So that gives me some air to breathe until Monday. And from now till then, I’m going to be trying to walk a lot more! It’s hard cos I have Braxton hicks ever so often!!!

Man, these 4th babies aren't in any hurry! I was hoping my body would go extra early because it's done it so many times :) But it's better to let them fully cook. It doesn't really feel like waiting when I'm still trying to keep up with the other 3. The days are still flying by!

Man, these 4th babies aren't in any hurry! I was hoping my body would go extra early because it's done it so many times :) But it's better to let them fully cook. It doesn't really feel like waiting when I'm still trying to keep up with the other 3. The days are still flying by!

Oh I wish I could say the same! I feel sooo impatient already. Partially because my gynae doesn’t want to allow me to wait long due to gestational diabetes. I’ve got it pretty good under control but doc said GD is a risk factor not to allow baby to go too far beyond its due date.

Makes me feel better that you’ve always gone earlier but your 4th baby is also making you wait!

Ugh, I don't know if it's because it's Saturday, or what but I'm suddenly so grumpy about being pregnant! I was doing so well. My husband took the girls to dance class and when he came home I just felt so mad at all of them for no reason. I'm just hiding out in my bedroom trying to survive this sudden mood swing! It's not how I've been this whole pregnancy. I'm ready for this baby to come!

I’m here and waiting patiently, kind of!
I didn’t expect to go over this time I had a feeling I’d go before due date but that’s not happened lol! My first was 7 days over.
I have a sweep tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Good luck on the sweep! I have another one on Wednesday. I hope it works!!

39 weeks today and feeling pretty set if she decides to show up anytime soon. Hubby sorted the birth pool and all the other bits last night, I do still need to get some swaddle blankets, but good to go other than those!

Any of you ladies having fun with old wives tales while your waiting? We know babies come when they are ready, but no harm in passing time I guess :haha: We done plenty walking yesterday, had a family day out at an elf and fairy trail then visited a windfarm. DH drove that little bit faster over the speed bumps :dohh: I've been having Clary sage baths but I'm barely even feeling Braxton hicks never mind anything else :haha:

Well I just ate an entire pineapple core and my tongue feels like sand paper. I've done my fair share of bouncing on a yoga ball and I'm going to walk to pick my big ones up from school. I've been working at it for the last week and like you, it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I'm feeling a little less moody about it today, but all weekend I was in and out of sorts.

I’ve had a lot of curries if that counts, most recent was a vindaloo which was a bad idea the morning after :lol: !

Sweep went well she said it was very successful and I’m favourable, I’m 3cm! 1cm thick. Lost a lot of brown plug today probably an after effect, had a lot of cramps but irregular at the moment so we will see if it works! Xx

Amytrisha - my hubby has been suggesting curries every night for dinner :haha: I've got a dodgy tummy as it is though so I think I'll pass on anything that might irritate that! Fingers crossed things pick up from the sweep and your baby is here soon!

Rafferty, our schools were off for a long weekend there but they are back together so I'll be walking to and from there, lovely big hill to tackle which is a delight not pregnant nevermind 39 weeks! :haha: good luck for your sweep tomorrow!

I have a sweep on Friday, I'm pretty sure nothing will happen before then anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->