Anybody else spent a rediculous amount on DH?

No, not in the slightest. I had bought him presents, but I returned them all and actually used to money to buy disadvantaged children who live at a local orphanage toys for Christmas.

Really glad I did, and OH did the same with mine :)

I think Christmas has become too materialistic, and the true meaning is lost.

Thats beautiful hun :) well done one you and I totally agree. My sister and her partner go OTT and they make a point "because they can" but I say WHY it doesnt matter because it doesnt mean you love each other more. I totally agree with everyone deserves to be spoilt now and then so why not but christmas has become very materialistic to the point of people being disapointed if they dont get what they want.

x

BTW I have not got my partner anything lol. I am not seeing him untill next year now so will probably buy him something small in sales x

thats lovely rafwife! well done to you and your hubby xx

youve done a good job of making us all feel very guilty lol
we did give this year though! 2 tvs, a sofa, new baby clothes, a bed, and a black bag of new books to a local charity that gifts people who cant afford presents this year. Its a lovely charity and im pleased we did cos if thy had gone to a charity shop they probably coudnt sell it for the worth it is to the person recieving it.
Hun how did you find out about your local orphange? Ive tried before and i got nowhere cos i still have some baby clothes and i'm sure they would appriciate them!! xxx

I havent got my hubby to much....

surround sound dvd player £300
Mobile phone £150

And then lil things
Top gear dvd
Transformers 2 dvd
Top gear mug set
Chocs
Im not sure what else?

No. I got him a computer game, whiskey, chocs, starbucks voucher and a magazine subscription. I'm crap at present buying, I dread having to my xmas shopping. Plus we have LO to spend our money on.

I can't say what I got him coz he's on BnB :dohh:

Rafwife - that is so nice! I always want to do lovely things like that but forget until it is too late.

We don't get each other presents, but this year I've booked us tickets to gay Paree on the Eurostar and OH doesn't know!! :)

I used to spoil my OH a lot...even on his bday which is 10 days prior to Christmas.

It's dwindled since having kids though.

For his bday I got him:
PS3 game
Givenchy cologne
Chocolates

For Christmas:
PS3 Bluetooth Headset (given to him yesterday as Jayden let go of the secret)
1 Sweater
2 Shirts
2 Sleep Pants
1 Wallet
1 Manicure Set

And I want to go back today to a store that I was in yesterday and get him another sweater. I'll probably come out with two. LOL

My hubby and I have said we're not buying each other anything this year as the baby is due in just a few weeks and we've had soooo much to buy. Plus some bugger thought it'd be fun to use our car as a flipping bonfire a month or so ago so we had the unexpected expense of buying a new car. We now have to replenish our savings as much as we possibly can. We've splurged a bit on an M&S turkey though and we made a decent donation to the Alzheimers Society, as it's a cause we'd like to show our support for. xx

i spent a fair amount over £200 i think, cant say what on though as she is on here lol

I said I wasn't spending much on him, but I've been out this week and spoilt him a bit for being so amazing, so he has got:

Nintendo DSi
3 games
Lee Evans DVD
Chocolates
Going to do him a little stocking as well
Aftershave
New Razor
Jeans
T-Shirt
Jumper
Socks & Slippers :haha:

He's going to go mad at me though! x

me and oh are still students....

i got him...

alot of book vouchers(hes a student!!!)
Mr potato head (you get three tatty heads that you build on your own)
2xtopman tops
river island jumper
Hugo Boss Element box set
sockies

i know he wont have got me as much...he haws bought me some "sparklys"...everyone else thinks a propsal..i doubt it!

Yes I spoiled him rotten and his produced 5 presents for me without tags so obv nothing off macy, wouldnt mind but I know what the 5 things are as i ordered them myself and his been going on for a week he needs to get me some more stuff obv couldnt be arsed in the end!!

Yes I spoiled him rotten and his produced 5 presents for me without tags so obv nothing off macy, wouldnt mind but I know what the 5 things are as i ordered them myself and his been going on for a week he needs to get me some more stuff obv couldnt be arsed in the end!!

aw sweetie :( :hugs: xxxx

In previous years yes we did go overboard, but now Brooke is here neither of us are fussed if we have 1 present to open or 100

Got him a toolbox, couple of bits to put in his toolbox at work, t shirts, socks, pants etc etc, nothing major nor expensive, we both agreed if there was something "big" we wanted then we will wait until christmas has died down

Nope we dont spend much on each otehr at Xmas, more at birthdays xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->