anybody else with external piles?

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
hi ladies im 38 weeks tomorrow and 2 days ago i developed a painful lump around my anus. Its about the size of a pea and its so sore! Ive just ordered some anusol off the internet in the hope that i can get rid of it before i go into labour! Has anybody else had this or is currently sufferin from this? Will this lump get worse during childbirth? Its gonna be so embarrasing having everybody looking down there while im delivering!

I have one too :(

I've been using Anusol - it does help - but i'm freaking out that it will pop out and explode during labour!

I had with this my son and, despite feeling embarrassed, tried to remind myself that it's VERY common and midwives will have seen it all before! That said, hoping it doesn't happen again this time...

Anusol does help - fingers crossed you can get it sorted in time!

xxx

Does it make it worse giving birth then? Do they explode and cover everyone in pile juice?

Piles v normal in pregnancy, I know your embarrased but the sooner you get some cream on it the better go to boots or a supermarket don't wait for several days! They could get worse in labour during pushing but just keep on with the cream & they will reside.

:blush: Apparently the one I have is a 'sentinel' pile.. I presume this doesn't mean it's standing guard over my bits :rofl:

Get the Anusol cream, and push the pile back in whenever you use it.. Also, the suppositories are good and they might help with the internal pain..

Chances are that not only will the midwives have already seen piles during labour, they will have seen lots more icky things so no fear there. :thumbup:

The pile will get worse with labour though.. although it will clear up a lot quicker without the baby weight and all of the pressure 'down there' so don't worry too much about afterwards, the sooner you stop the pain caused by it the better. If it gets too bad, see your doc.. they can prescribe you extra strength cream with some really good painkillers in it and it will get it to shrink it more quickly too :thumbup:

"I presume this doesn't mean it's standing guard over my bits"

hahahhahahahha

I'd see your Dr. Mine told me that if it's an external (thrombosed) pile then you shouldn't try and push it back in - it wont work and it can make the problem worse.

Also, anusol etc doesn't actually get rid of piles, they desinged to help make them less itchy etc, but can't get rid of them on their own. I was prescribed a steroid cream for a week, and told to rest as much as possible, and alternatively soak it in warm water and use ice packs to encourage the blood flow to break the clot down and move it on.

Mine shrunk a lot after 2 weeks of this, and is virtually gone now 4 weeks later :thumbup:

They dont explode, they willget worse during labor though. Anusol like the previous poster said will only help with itching etc it wont actually get rid of them. You also...as gross as it sounds need to push it back in, it will help get rid of it but now you will be prone to them so any extra pressure down there, a big poo lol, coughing while on the toilet, squatting, all those things will...or can...make them come back. I have had them for over 7 years, had surgery on them and that only took them away for about 6 months.

thanks girls. Seems there are more people than i thought suffering from these horrible lumps! I think there will be loads more, people just dont want to talk about them! I darent go to the toilet for a bm so im gunna wait till my cream arrives till i do that lol. Can they burst during childbirth? And if they do can they be life threatening? X

I'd see your Dr. Mine told me that if it's an external (thrombosed) pile then you shouldn't try and push it back in - it wont work and it can make the problem worse.

This is the thing.. most doctors (or ones I've seen for it anyway) will usually recommend pushing them back in.. But then I guess it depends on the type of pile in the first place.. Mine is a sentinel, for all I know there could be gatekeepers, guards and even a bursar up there :rofl:

I thought the pile creams were designed to help shrink the pile while relieving the pain? Also, if you read the instructions inside the Anusol packet it does say to push them back in while applying the cream :thumbup:

I developed them with my first pregnancy and they were really bad.. My midwife put my mind at ease and said "we have seen it all before" "no they dont burst" etc etc .. i had to have an episiotomy to reduce the risk of tearing near the effected area and had alot of stitches which took a while to heal.

after the birth they did ease alot and i wasnt really bothered by them .. untill now .. i am now 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and BOY have they returned !!!! Im worried that i will have to have an assisted delivery and episiotomy again :(

And no .. my midwife told me that anusol etc only releaves the pain and itch it doesnt remove the pile itself over time the pile can shrink and form a tiny skin tag but the only real way to remove them is through surgery which is the route i will have to go down once my baby has arrived .. eek .. :(

Hi ladies :flower:

Sorry to hear so many of you are suffering with these horrible things!!

Please can I ask a stupid question?
Here is my situation :haha::

I have not been constipated in fact I'm quite loose :haha:, but when I go to the loo (BM) it hurts kind of internatlly & when I wipe (TMI -sorry!!) It feels extremely swollen down there. But when I pee 20 mins later, I no longer feel swollen, but I do feel sore, dispite not having strained.. I've also had no itching at all & no bleeding.

Sooo.... basically if I had piles would I know about it? Or would I need to have a feel (I'm trying to avoid this, as I'm scared of what I might find!!!) down there??
TIA :flower:

i kno it sounds disgusting but you need to feel. Mine started off as swelling after a bm that would go down again afterwards but 2 days ago i developed a definate lump down there that i cant push back inside cause it just comes straight back out again! It has shrunk since yesterday but its still there and painful. You definatly need to know whats going on down there so wash your hands before and afterwards and have a good feel! Or use a mirror and have a look instead x

This is the thing.. most doctors (or ones I've seen for it anyway) will usually recommend pushing them back in.. But then I guess it depends on the type of pile in the first place.. Mine is a sentinel, for all I know there could be gatekeepers, guards and even a bursar up there :rofl:

I thought the pile creams were designed to help shrink the pile while relieving the pain? Also, if you read the instructions inside the Anusol packet it does say to push them back in while applying the cream :thumbup:

If the pile is an internal pile which is sticking out (yuk, I know) then you can push them back in, but an external pile actually forms on the outside of the anus, and therefore can't be pushed back in as it was never in to start off with. All you achieve by trying (so I'm told) is a very sore bum and potentially you can make the pile worse?

They're nasty little blighters aren't they! :growlmad:

i kno it sounds disgusting but you need to feel. Mine started off as swelling after a bm that would go down again afterwards but 2 days ago i developed a definate lump down there that i cant push back inside cause it just comes straight back out again! It has shrunk since yesterday but its still there and painful. You definatly need to know whats going on down there so wash your hands before and afterwards and have a good feel! Or use a mirror and have a look instead x

You're right, I really should just get on with it - I'm such a whimp!!!! Will have a bath later & investigate :haha:

If the pile is an internal pile which is sticking out (yuk, I know) then you can push them back in, but an external pile actually forms on the outside of the anus, and therefore can't be pushed back in as it was never in to start off with. All you achieve by trying (so I'm told) is a very sore bum and potentially you can make the pile worse?

They're nasty little blighters aren't they! :growlmad:

They're horrible.. In regards to the internal/external thingies.. That's why I said see the doc about it - at least they can tell! :lol:

well my anusol cream arrived today and ive applied it twice so far. Both times ive put it on its burned and itched like mad 4 5 minutes and then been ok! Is it normal for it to do that? Does the cream actually work after days of using it? My little friend seems to be quite small in a morning but gets larger as the day goes on :S x

well my anusol cream arrived today and ive applied it twice so far. Both times ive put it on its burned and itched like mad 4 5 minutes and then been ok! Is it normal for it to do that? Does the cream actually work after days of using it? My little friend seems to be quite small in a morning but gets larger as the day goes on :S x

I'm sure it says on the instructions for Anusol that it's normal for it to burn/sting for a couple of minutes, but to contact your Dr if it persists for longer.

What you've described sounds ok if that's right, but I would read the instructions and check as I may have imagined that - stranger things happen with my brain these days........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->