Anybody feel a little "traumatized" by their wedding day?

Ive been married 5 yrs so some of the disappointment had faded but we went up to Grenta Green and took only 30ppl with us. OH had 4 'best men' one was our flat mate which relationships had gone sour with. He was rude to our families, wore the wrong shirt and shoes and stuck out like a sore thumb. He also was a drug taker - which is his life choice and many of our friends, us included had dabbled in our youth but grown out off...we told him bluntly that no drugs were to be allowed at the wedding - yet he was obviously high at the ceremony. Then during the reception he was so gone and being so rude a few of our friends got really angry with him...then FIL had to be held back from knocking him out. All very akward.

When I pulled up to the hall i discovered my mum and brother (who had the rings) had gone to the wrong place - So it was dark, cold and snowing (how I wanted but not when I gotta stand outside for 45min) whilst my dad ran round like a loony trying to find her (she didnt have a phone) then coz there a law in Scotland that marriages have to be completed by 6.00pm to be legal by the time she turned up they had to rush the ceremony (lasted like 10min) to get it in on time.

When we got back to the hotel my friend told me that the video they were taking of the wedding hadnt worked as the camera got knocked and turned off.

We also had a family friend get in trouble with the hotel...i know it is expected for people to get drunk and have a laugh...but he stood on the flimsly table breaking it and breaking loads of the hotel decorations in the process.

By the end I was rather stressed and drank to much wine...so went to bed early.

oh and to top it off I had bought lots of cameras for the tables from some internet site...which when i got them developed never printed. - So had no photos of the reception at all.

Alas...it safe to say we dnt talk to said flat mate. but even tho there was some awful moments there was also some good points. will hopefully do a better renewal at the 10 yr mark.

Hm sort of. I was happy on the day but looking back it was a bit of a disaster. We had a small wedding with just immediate family but in the run up to it DHs mum and her family kicked up a massive fuss about aunts/uncles etc not being invited. At a small gathering beforehand his aunt who I'd only met twice started shouting and swearing at me about it and we had to leave. Then in the run up to the day we got no end of angry phone calls from his mum ranting about me and how out of order we were being for not inviting her family (completely.ignoring the fact none of my extended family were invited either, a fact she also left out when telling everyone else, everyone basically got told all my family were going and hers were being excluded). The night before the wedding DH got drunk at the pub after work and we were an hour late to the rehearsal which he was still drunk at. Then at the wedding DHs mum, step dad and their kids turned up half an hour late so, since his little sister was my bridesmaid, it delayed everything and I was stood there for ages! DH then stupidly thanked my parents for paying for the day in his speech and his mum went mad at him. Him and his family ended up having a big argument outside for about twenty.minutes whilst I was sat on my own drinking as much as wine as possible! Luckily I can laugh about this now!

Wow you ladies certainly didnt have it easy:wacko: I get married in 6 weeks and hope my wedding isnt a disaster coz we have put alot of money in to it. Although i have to admit even though we arent married yet its been a complete night mare with OH dad and step mother wanting to do things all thier own way and pay for things we dont want. They have even turned up twice to hear our Banns being read which p***ed us off no end poor OH mum hasnt hardly had a look in. We have asked her to make our wedding cake though and to help and take the bridesmaids to the church and back to the reception. If i knew this time last year what hassel it was going to be we would have gone off to a reception quietly and done it with our girls and best man and my other bridesmaid then had a party a few days later. I cant help thinking our day will go wrong i can see it happening now family arguments etc. Least my family arent bothered about my wedding to cause arguments dont think they have much intrest as ive only invited my parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->