anybody had a home birth with other children at home?

willowblossom

Reaction score
Hiya me again! Just suddenly dawned on me about what to do with my 19 month old son when I go into labour. If its at night I want to leave him in bed but my husband thinks hel wake up and doesnt want him tk be there. Just wanted to hear some stories or plan! Thanks ladies! X

My son was about 6 months older than yours but he was asleep nearly the whole time. My mom and sister were there to care for him and they watched cartoons from 7am-10am while I finished pushing the baby out. We ended in hospital transfer but I was home 3 hours later, he didn't care at ALL. LOL.

I recently spent two nights at this hospital with this baby (he's 1 now) and my toddler was so upset. I really think the home birth is much less stress on them than if you were gone!

My oldest daughter was 2.5 when I had dd#2 (homebirth). I labored overnight so Kailey was sleeping the whole time and woke up in the morning just as I was pushing. DH got her a snack of raisins and she just sat on the couch and watched. She's always been obsessed with pregnancy and labor so she was perfect and she actually wants to CATCH baby this time! LOL!!!

My oldest daughter was 2.5 when I had dd#2 (homebirth). I labored overnight so Kailey was sleeping the whole time and woke up in the morning just as I was pushing. DH got her a snack of raisins and she just sat on the couch and watched. She's always been obsessed with pregnancy and labor so she was perfect and she actually wants to CATCH baby this time! LOL!!!

How exciting! Good luck! :)

I worried about this too. I have an almost 5 & 3 year old at home. Luckily i went into labour around 11pm and DS was born at 1:03am so when they woke up in the morning the new baby was just here.

Thanks ladies. I really hope I labour at night so my son can stay in bed. Last time I laboured all day and gave birth at 8.30 in the eve xx

Yep. My 23 month old was running around like a maniac. Baby was born after she went down for a nap.

This time I have two crazy maniacs to worry about, I'm really hoping for a nighttime birth. I can get them to be at 7 pm. But I've always had my kids in full daylight

Yep. My 23 month old was running around like a maniac. Baby was born after she went down for a nap.

There's just no break when you have more than one kid, is there?!?!? :rofl:

I'm not even pregnant yet but I've been wondering about this too. I'm thinking I'd have LO at home and call for someone to pick her up when it is needed. We do have family that live close. My first labour spanned two nights and days and I was far too exhausted and distracted to cope with a toddler in the house by the end of it. I'd hope the next labour would be a bit shorter though.

There's never ever a break. Omg I'd love to deliver when they are asleep. With my luck it will be 12 noon lunchtime and I will hear can't have lunch lunch lunch lunch lunch drink snack story TV..........in transition lmao. I'm not sure how it will go down this time. I hope if it is during the day a friend can stop by or pick them up. Unless I'm ok having them around during the labor. It was hard having a 23 month old running around though...

Yes but not by choice haha ds1 was 4.5 and ds2 was 2.5. They were meant to go to mils when the time came but I was 4days over and the night I went into labour mil had put her phone on silent :/

I was worried at first because our house was tiny and there wasn't even a living room door or bedroom door between myself and the sleeping children (went into labour at midnight)

It all turned ok though my labour was 2hours long and they slept all the way through it

Oh man, no waaaaaay do I want to be in labor and deliver overnight again. I had prodromal labor for 2 days leading up to the birth day so I was exhausted. I had 0 energy after the birth (I recognize now I really needed electrolytes so this time I'm stocking up on coconut water) that I could barely keep my eyes open. I'm so very lucky my BIL came and picked up dd1 so that DH and I could sleep all day!

If *perfect* I'd love to start labor in the afternoon and have baby in evening this time that way we can all still go to bed LOL!!!

I was in labour for two nights, so I'd be happy if I can just get it all done in 24hrs next time. I did make a huge effort to keep eating and drinking though which did help. Coconut water is a good idea.

Aw great story to remember : )
It's funny, my daughter who will turn 3 a few weeks before Patrick is due, has told me for months now when he is born that he will go pop*does arms flinging motion* and she will catch him and he will say thank you. Lol so much cuteness. I would love for her to watch, just got to see how it all goes!

All these stories make me feel much happier about having my so stay at home. Thanks ladies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->