anybody had metronidazole antibotics ??

emma4g63

Reaction score
reading all sorts on them on internet and its scaring me !!!
things about infant cancer and facial defects ..... i need to take them for a bacterial infection as it increases the risk of MC but now im panicked about these!!!
help please!!1

You need to talk to your doctor. It may be that the bacterial infection poses more of a risk to your child than the drug potentially does, which is perhaps why they opted to prescribe it. Also, apparently more recent research has shown that it may not have as many adverse effects as once thought, but having said that this is really something you need to discuss with your doctor. You have every right to be concerned.

You need to talk to your doctor. It may be that the bacterial infection poses more of a risk to your child than the drug potentially does, which is perhaps why they opted to prescribe it. Also, apparently more recent research has shown that it may not have as many adverse effects as once thought, but having said that this is really something you need to discuss with your doctor. You have every right to be concerned.

that doctor and nusrse and midwife all said its better to treat it than not so as you said.. still worried though ;(
not sure what to do

I had them with my son, for a tooth infection, and he was fine :)

Thanks so much :)) reassurance is all I need

I took it in 1st tri with my daughter and she is now a happy and healthy 10 month old. I worried about taking it as well, but I was reassured numerous times that they would never prescribe it if it weren't safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->