Anybody have/want a Stokke Xplory?

princesameesh

Reaction score
It seems so wrong to want something so expensive, but after having coveted it even before being pregnant, I finally went and tried it out this weekend with another pregnant friend. We went stroller shopping! It was fun to test them out, drive them around, break them down and load them in the car. It gives you so much of a better idea of how you will be able to use it once you own it.

I just have to say I love this stroller. The baby sits so high and it's so light weight and easily manageable. Plus going up and down stairs is a breeze (even with the kid inside)!

Anybody else in love/want with this stroller?

ive got one comeing! its on order now! cant wait till its here but its not due till feb due to chrismas and them comeing from germany! x

I had a Stokke Xplory for my LO ready for when he was born and loved it's looks etc BUT I hated the fact it had no suspension, the bag underneath is not suitable to use as a 'basket' (not easily accessible), there is no where to hang a standard style change bag and they are very big to put in the car (I have a big car and still struggled to get it in the boot).

I had it for about 2/3 months and sold it for something else. I still admire them if I see them though - I love the look of them but I know others who really dislike them! My OH talked me into buying ours as he loved them (I wanted a Bugaboo Cameleon and now we have one :blush:).

xxx

Sophxx, I'd like to hear what you have to say about it once it arrives and you've used it for a bit.

Lauriech, thank you for the advice! I already put it in my car at the store where I was testing it out and it fit well. The other points you made are great. Thank you!

mine prob wont be here till jan feb as theres a wait but as soon as its here ill let you know!

what car do you have if you dont mindme asking? x

Sophxx,

We have an Audi A4, 1999. The trunk is ample but it's not like having an SUV or van. What we did to make it fit with space for groceries was we folded it down all the way, removing the seat portion and placed the seat portion sort of sitting on top of it and pushed it all the way to the left and back. Luckily the sales lady at this boutique was so kind and said that she recommended against buying the bassinet (for Americans) because we drive practically everywhere so she suggested buying the car seat adapter and while the baby is a baby, using the car seat. This of course means the amount of space it takes up is much smaller (since the carseat will be inside the car). When the kid is a toddler then using the seat that comes with it will make more sense. I was just so glad she said that the bassinett was an unecessary expense, especially because the seat that comes with it reclines completely almost acting like a bassinett. If I lived somewhere I would be walking every day to the baker, etc..I would probably get it, but like she said, we drive EVERYWHERE so using the car seat will be ideal for us!

ive done the same and got the car seat adaptors! as i drive everywhere to and the seat unit is suitable for new born if we do go for a walk! were looking for new cars at the mo looking at the a3 or bmw 1 so im sure itll fit in there! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->