Anybody help with CP?

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Hi Girls, Ive posted this in ttc but thought I would get a wider response in here...

This question has probably been asked a million times but I dont seem to be able to find what Im looking for in relation to an answer.

Does the position of the cervix indicate a pg or not?

Ok, Ive been checking mine since just before my last af and I noticed at this time It was low down in the few days just before. I could feel it easily and could feel the opening etc, it also felt hard.

It seemed to rise slowly just before my o day and on the 2 days i narrow down to o, it was quite high but I could feel the tip and just about the opening.

Ive been checking since and it is now 7/8 dpo and it is very very high up and seems to have blended in with the walls of my vagina, if I reach high enough I can just feel the nobbley bit which feels very soft. Cant seem to reach the opening.

Af is due on Sunday. Last month cp came down about a week before af.

Ive read that it is meant to drop down low again after o, but mine hasnt.

Doeas anyone have any experience of this?

Ta
Jac x

Cervical Position can indeed indicate if pregnancy has been achieved....Its one of the several signs you look out for....what are your temps like?

Usually after ovulation your cervix is low, closed and hard but if pregnancy has been achieved your cervix can remain high throughout the duration of your pregnancy....But there will always be the odd discrepancy, especially if you have only recently started noting CP as it does take some getting used to!

I'm going to disagree with pp slightly. From what I understand, your CP WILL change in pregnancy but not until you're a lot further along than a couple of weeks. According to Fertility Friend, whether you're pregnant or not, your cervix will return to it's normal post-ovulation/pre-af position.

That was true for me, and I used to check my CP a LOT, lol. In fact, the month I got pregnant, my cp was so low and firm, it felt like it was going to fall out! :o

Other than taking a pregnancy test, the only TRUE way of knowing whether you're pregnant or not are 18 high temps after O date and no AF.

Good luck! :D

I just went and read back my chart, lol. Mine was all over the place! It statyed high, hard and closed..then moved down just before AF would be due, still hard and closed though. Then it back way high and soft and open when AF should've arrived...I received my positive on that day.
Good luck!!!

Thanks Girls, I dont temp at the moment so dont have anything to compare it to. I am relatively new to cp checking but I know this time last month it was quite low, was just a bit concerned as it hasnt come down after o yet, I check it every day.
Af due on sunday so time will tell if its a sign or not.

Thanks again!!:hugs:

Hi Jacqui,

Before pregnancy my cp changed regularly (even hourly) from high to low and hard to soft during the 2ww and this was the same the month I fell pregnant. I only noticed a difference a few days after my BFP when my cervix was very, very swollen and clearly very different to how it had been before. Even then it was still high sometimes and low other times. Haven't checked it for a few weeks as don't want any risk of infection. Fingers crossed for you! Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->