Anybody just use good old Terry squares?

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
I might buy a few... Im not really put off by the folding, as Im sure I'd get the hang of it soon enough. Where's the best place to get them? And do they need special wraps? (Im guessing they need to be quite fitted wraps to prevent leakage)

hey hun i do occasionally use terry squares - the folding is fine imo i really love seeing them out on the line in the sun!!! they are quick to dry too and soo much cheaper than aio etc!! i bought mine from mothercare - you can get coloured ones from e bay! i use popolini wraps with min at the mo and i've never had any leaks!!!
sara

xxxxxxxxx

You know I've been wondering this too!

I thought they may be a little bulky? What's the absorbancy like compared to pockets?

x

I've got some :) I'll be using the same wraps as i'll use with fitteds so mainly cotton bottoms and motherease airflow :)

You know I've been wondering this too!

I thought they may be a little bulky? What's the absorbancy like compared to pockets?

x

Duno.. Only one way to find out though! :happydance: Im off to order some!

x

I can't believe how much of an addict you've become already!!

I'd suggest waiting til you've tried a couple first as they're all so different. What have you ordered so far?

x

Im not an addict, and Im not buying hundreds, but Im not going to know what they're like until I try them... Plus they're like 10 times cheaper than all the fancy ones, so wont exactly be wasting money, and can always sell them on :D x

Very good point...they are a lot cheaper and you can claim a lot of money back from your council too! :D

Yep thats what my plan is! Try a few out, claim the money back and then if I dont get on with any of them, I#ll flog em! :D x

Are those what we call prefolds? Like these?

Attachments

• prefoldbigJan09.jpg
    prefoldbigJan09.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 8
I think terry squares are literally just a square bit of cloth, wheras prefolds have thicker bits in them... I THINK anyway... x

Yeah your right, prefold is a rectangle and it is sewn with more layers in the middle portion...a flat is just one piece of material, a big square same all over.

I use them sometimes, I have a few. little-lions.com is a good place to get them, also greenmountaindiapers.com but really any place that sells diapers will have some and they are all about the same. They aren't very absorbent but good to bulk up your stash, I only use mine around the house, they are really trim though...maybe not on a newborn or something but a few months and up they shouldn't be very bulky

Thanks Mo3. :D I think Im guna buy a few like you said, for round the house etc. Plus they're pretty cheap so worth a try! Ya never know, I might love em :D

Flats are also useful for stuffing pocket nappies if you don't like the folding.

I have brought 12 muslins which i might use as newborn nappies until LO is big enough for some of the other nappies i've brought (ie Newborn -10lb) then my size 1s should be fine.

if you need help with folds nappy lady have some youtube vids online which are really useful!

Flats are also useful for stuffing pocket nappies if you don't like the folding.

I have brought 12 muslins which i might use as newborn nappies until LO is big enough for some of the other nappies i've brought (ie Newborn -10lb) then my size 1s should be fine.

if you need help with folds nappy lady have some youtube vids online which are really useful!

Yeh I found a video on youtube showing different ways of folding. Had a little practise on Laylas doll earlier! :happydance:

hey hun do you want me to send you a few terry flats?? i have loads n i only use a few of them?? if you want just pm me your address i'll send some off :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

hey hun do you want me to send you a few terry flats?? i have loads n i only use a few of them?? if you want just pm me your address i'll send some off :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

Oh that'd be amazing! i dont wana buy a whole big pack incase I dont decide to use them! Will PM you now. :happydance: x

Just to say I use terry squares as well as bumgenius and they really aren't fiddly to fold at all.

Have a look on the 'twinkle on the web' site and there is a really good PDF that shows you how to fold. We generally use the origami fold unless I know there is a poo on the way (if he hasnt been all day!) and then I use the kite fold.

I use the babinex wraps (as they are one size) from soft bots (free postage!!) but the motherease ones work well too.

Oh, and use nappi nippas as they are much easier than pins.

Good luck!

Cheers carries! Thats good to know about doing a different fold for poos. I have a couple of bambinex wraps already so will try them out. :D Just need to get a nappy nippa now! xxx

Sounds Obvious but just make sure, whatever fold you use, you cant see any nappy poking through the wrap as they will leak!!

I tend to change them every hour to two hours just to make sure im not changing his clothes all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->