Anybody know any Irish names?

bailey4eva

Mummy to Jake :)
Reaction score
I have just thought that Irish names are quite cute, other than Patrick :) what other names can you think of for both girls and boys?

My favourite Irish name is Aoife which means beautiful and radiant.
Also-go to www.babynames.com click on Search baby names and there is a bit where you can search by origin.There are 9 pages of Irish names!!!

Try this website https://www.babynamesofireland.com/
It has loads...!

There was also a thread on here not long ago with lots and lots of irish names. Sure it will come up if you do a search xx

OOO just found Brianna, I quite like that. Hehe. Thanks Kimboowee, will have to have a look at that! Thanks for websites, avin a look now!
Leigh xx

Do I know any Irish names? Whoooooweee....I was born in America but the town I grew up in is KNOWN for its Irish-ness (and having the 2nd biggest St. Patrick's Day parade in the state...short of NYC, of course)

I grew up with a lot of Caitlins, Brians, Patricks (or Padraig..the Gaelic form), Brianas (and Briannes!), Sorchas (girl), Declans (boy), Siobhans (girl) ("Shiv-ahn") a few Kates and, of course, Mike. AND all of the derivitives of each.

As far as names of people I see when I go to Ireland we've got Terry (both), Lucy, Irene, Nula (girl) ("Noo-la"), more Mikes, Nial, Damien....

Google. It's a God-send. If you don't like these ones, search for Irish or Irish-Gaelic names. the pronounciation of Gaelic words are a little different though ("bh"="v" etc) but I think they are all beautiful ^-^ i'd like to have a healthy mix of Irish and Ukranian names for my kids (I'm Irish, OH is Ukranian)

My favourite Irish name is Aoife which means beautiful and radiant.
Also-go to www.babynames.com click on Search baby names and there is a bit where you can search by origin.There are 9 pages of Irish names!!!

Good Site. This is where I found the Ukrainan and German names for my future babies.

the only ones i know are from my Irish friends.

Aine, Ciere, Niamh, Connor, Etaoin, Brigin, Sinead, Caoimhe, Aaron (I think thats Irish - not 100% sure! haha), Ronan. I think thats all the Irish people i know. Sorry I can't provide more.

xxx

Grainne, Aine, Aobhean, Roisin, Ciara, Niamh, Naoise, Doireann, Colleen, Maire, Maeve, Saoirse, Catilin

Ciaran, Cian, Brendan, Eamon, Sean, Pierce, Oisin, Fionn, Liam, Padraig, Donncha, Daithi

Plus lots more besides!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->