anybody ovulate after drinking spearmint tea?

I have PCOS too and I ovulated on cd 14 on cycles when I have drank a strong cup of peppermint tea before bed , it makes me sleepy so I only drink it before bed. in studys it was shown to lower testosterone and raise estrogen and FSH .

UPDATE!!

I just wanted to follow up with this posting and let you know I think the tea helped!! I was usually only getting one follical around 16-18 in size. However, this cycle, my first cycle of drinking spearmint tea I had 2 follicals one at 18.5 and one at 25!!!! The only thing different was I drank 2 cups of spearmint tea a day instead of my 2 cups of coffee a day! I am now a believer! :yipee::headspin:

Wow! After reading this, I went and bought some mint tea (peppermint and spearmint) and am going to drink it twice a day. I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I'll give it a try.

Hi gemini90 sorry its taken me so long to reply to be honest i forgot to look back and check this thread :( but im responding as soon as ive seen your reply! So sorry to hear about your past with your ex he sounds like an awful man and you probably have had a lucky escape! If you had of had a child with him you would of been bonded with him for life and theres no doubt he would of come looking for you once he got out of prison. You have a new fiance now so hopefully your with the right person to have a child with! I know where youre coming from tho i tried for a baby with my ex who was mainly verbally abusive, he wouldnt let me have friends or anything. I had almost a years worth of fertility drugs trying to get pregnant with him but looking back now im glad they all failed. Im with my boyfriend now and when we started trying for a baby i only took 2 months worth of clomid and fell pregnant, with this one i concieved using spearmint tea! So i think it was all fate :) i think you should be able to carry a baby to term considering your given there right medications and are in the right environment home wise with no stress ect. Although with pregnancy your always stressed thinking things could go wrong but i think thats natural. With the mint leaves i dont think there the same as spearmint i read a discussion on it once and a woman asked if mint leaves or peppermint leaves had the same effect as spearmint and the answer was no they dont, so if i were you id look for spearmint im sure you will be able to find some on the internet. Hope that helps :) x

Wannabemomma im so glad its had a positive effect on you :) thats brill news that you had 2 follicles develop! Lets hope you have a sticky bean this cycle!! I also only drank 2 cups of spearmint tea a day, i drank it from a few days before ovulation to a couple of days after my bfp!!

Jean40, i hated the taste of the stuff, i downed it as fast as i could lol it was disgusting!! I did start getting used to it towards the end but it did its job and id happily do it again if i even decide to ttc again. I hope it does the trick for you to keep me updated!

I did order some plain spearmint tea on Amazon, but it's not shipped yet. The mint tea has only peppermint and spearmint in the ingredients, it's the best I could find around here. I did drink 12oz of it in the morning last week (a cup and a half) at work, but not at home this weekend. It's not the best, but yeah, you kinda get used to it. We'll see. I've got another week before AF due, but I'm hoping my crampy symptoms these last couple days mean something good. I usually don't get cramps until AF shows.

I don't have PCOS buuuuut... after taking up spearmint tea, one to two a day for the past two months I can say this is the second month I get O symptoms which never used to happen. Not getting anyones hopes up as everything reacts different with other people but for me I've noticed a difference fertility wise. cheers!

Wannabemomma im so glad its had a positive effect on you :) thats brill news that you had 2 follicles develop! Lets hope you have a sticky bean this cycle!! I also only drank 2 cups of spearmint tea a day, i drank it from a few days before ovulation to a couple of days after my bfp!!

Jean40, i hated the taste of the stuff, i downed it as fast as i could lol it was disgusting!! I did start getting used to it towards the end but it did its job and id happily do it again if i even decide to ttc again. I hope it does the trick for you to keep me updated!

Thanks! I am hoping. CD 28 will be tomorrow. I do not have any unusual symptoms though. You are right though the more you drink the tea you get use to it. At first I would squeeze fresh lemon into it.

I'm excited to try this! I have PCOS (though, I don't have the metabolic syndrome part of it). Last time I went off the pill, i didn't really ovulate on my own. My boyfriend and I recently started talking about kids in the future, so I'd like to see if I can try to ovulate on my own with this tea!!! I'll finish this month of pills and try it out after that :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->