anybody ovulated on clomid without trigger shot??

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by HopefulOne1, Jan 24, 2011.

1. HopefulOne1

HopefulOne1 Well-Known Member

Hey girls, was just wondering if anyone has ovulated on clomid without having a hcg trigger shot?? Had my second clomid scan today cd14 and fs said I had two really big follicles and that I had responded well to 100mg clomid and should ovulate anywhere between now and 5days, but never suggested the trigger, just worried that even though I have 2 mature follicles that they won't rupture?? Thanks in advance!

2. Tarkwa

Tarkwa Mummy to two boys :) xxx

Hi hopefulone1. I'm on my second round of clomid 50mg (day 4 today, CD5) and I'm pleased to say I ovulated on my first round. My CD21 bloods had a progesterone level of 95 which my doctor said showed I ovulated. :happydance: I've not had any scans to check follicle size, but I am having another blood test for this round. Hadn't actually heard of a 'trigger shot' before - might ask at my next FS appt next month if no joy with this round. Good luck and FX'd you ovulate! :dust:
    xxx

3. EbonyUnique

EbonyUnique Well-Known Member

I have ovulated with clomid without trigger, each and every time. The first two times I got preggo, but unfortunately I m/c both due to clotting factor. The third time on clomid, the RE I went to insisted on doing a trigger because "it's how they do it in their office." But I ended up ov'ing a day before the trigger anyways.

So yes, you can ovulate without the trigger on clomid. It's usually given alone most of the time.

4. manchester1

manchester1 One gorgeous baby girl

yes i ovulated on clomid 100mg without trigger :)xxx

5. HopefulOne1

HopefulOne1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies :) I had a +opk yesterday and pains this morning so fingers crossed I have ovulated!! No temp rise yet though so goin to test again today just to be sure! Xx

6. EbonyUnique

EbonyUnique Well-Known Member

The temp rise usually comes the day after O and an OPK+ can come as early as the day before O. That pain you are feeling is something I know oh too well with Clomid. I think you ovulated too! Good luck and get in lots of BD! :winkwink:

7. Rowan75

Rowan75 Mam

I ovd both times on 50mg clomid CD14 which was unheard of for me :) - fingers crossed for you x