Anybody struggle to get bfp after ERPC/ D&C procedure?

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Hey ladies :wave:

I was lucky enough to conceive 3rd month of trying after hubbys vasectomy reversal back in 2010, then when LO was about 18m, we tried for another, I conceived 1st month of trying! Unfortunatly, our baby died at 9weeks and as baby didnt want to come, i had to have the ERPC.... I was also poorly with my gallbladder and needed surgery.... So ttc was on hold again until id had it removed....that was nov last year.... A year we have been trying now, my once stable, consistent cycles are just all over the place now. Ovulation can be cd 20, cd28 or this month, cd38! :cry: i have random luteal phases, 7,8,9,10days long....
I am worried that I may have been damaged from the procedure? Is that even possible? :shrug:

Would love to hear from your experiences with this procedure xx

Sorry for your loss :(
I had conceived my first after 5 months of trying but I lost it at 8th week and had D&C. Then, I couldn't conceive for one and a half years. I had a luteal phase of 10 days before and after the miscarriage. I convinced myself that something went wrong and my uterus was damaged but then I had and HSG which was completely normal. After many cycles with clomid, I had an IUI with injectables and steroids and I had my baby. My doctor thought my Hashimatos disease could have been causing my miscarriage and infertility. Stress is an important factor that increases antibodies so maybe my miscarriage worsened my antibodies. I don't know. I hated when people said relax and it will happen and I am not saying that to you. But don't freak out that you are damaged. I think what worked for me was steroids.

thank you, really appreciate your reply! :hugs: I must admit, ive only be trying for over a year and it only crossed my mind this week.... I just put it out there really. Im hopeful that i will conceive again, just hope i can do it naturally. So glad things worked out for you! :hugs: thanks again for replying xx

I have had multiple D&C's and was recently diagnosed with Asherman's (scarring of the uterus). I had a hysterogram to reverse the scarring in Dec and am now on the ttc path again. I always had a perfect 28 day cycle but it had become very light. This seems to be the only answer for my multiple losses.
Ask for a sonogram to rule out any issues.

I had a d&c in March and felt we struggled to conceive after but it was really only 8 months. You just hear stories about being super fertile after and I had never struggled with my previous pregnancies.
Anyways my point is I was convinced it was the d&c that stopped me but really I just thing my body wasn't ready yet.
Now it's been a year have you considered seeing your gp?

thank you for your replies ladies :thumbup: i dont know what the doctor would say if i went...im already tracking my cycles, i know i ovulate, its just inconsistant. They would suggest i go on the pill to regulate my cycles and i know that would work but i dont want to take a 3month ttc break...swings and roundabouts i guess..i got my +opk today at cd20 so thats really good for me! :thumbup: last month was cd37!!! So a vast improvement xxx

There might be something else they could do to help, might be worth a visit?! But say you're not happy to go on the pill x

thank you, il see how this cycle goes and then i may just do that!! Xx

Good luck and sending baby dust your way xx

I didn't have a d&c but I have been unable to get pregnant since a mmc last January. I got pregnant first month ttc with my dd and the mc baby but since last year no luck. So not sure about d&c but I know is possible to struggle after mc xx

thank you, sounds very similar to me. I conceived 3rd month with my dd (after vasectomy reversal) then 1st time with my mmc baby....its been over 18m now...does it really take some women this long to get back on track??xx

My theory is that something like a mc can knock hormones out of sync. Someone I know had a mmc, then ttc for circa 18 months, had ivf and got pregnant and had a baby and was naturally preg within 6 months after babies birth.

I do wonder if going on bcp might help reset my hormones but I just can't face waiting any longer so am going for ivf.

Your story does sound similar to mine. How old are you if you don't mind me asking x

oh wow really, it just goes to show doesnt it! My mmc baby was conceived the month after i came off the bcp! I have toyed with the idea of going back on it for 3 months but then its 3 months where i definitely wont get pregnant and I :nope: Im having acupuncture and that has helped with my cycle and calmed things down a bit, so I think Im definitely on the right track at the minute xx
I was 30 in sept, 28 when I had the MC. Xx

I've been tempted to go onto bcp as well but feel I can't waste the time in case it doesn't work. I had been off bcp just a couple of months both times I got pregnant.

Acupuncture is great, I've tried it and it hasn't helped me but I know it can really help.

Good luck x

thank you, yer acupuncture has been great for me. Although this will be my first cycle in over a year that hasnt had any intervention (supplements, acupuncture, chinese herbs etc....) so i am quite intrigued as to what my body can do by itself now... Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->