• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody thinking about not finding out the gender?

My husband and I had agreed not to find out the gender when we got pregnant, but the second I did get pregnant he started to change his mind, haha! Im still sticking to my guns though! I want this to be the biggest surprise of our lives. My favorite color is yellow and so we had already agreed the nursery would be yellow no matter what. I think all of the guessing and the suspense will be so worth it in the end!:winkwink:

With my son I found out.. But im thinking it sounds really magical to wait till the birth to find out.. I hope I have the will power!

Anybody else thinking about doing this?

I've thought about it, but I like to be prepared.....so I don't know if I can hold out LOL!

I want to keep the gender a surprise but the baby's father wants to find out. I have no problem with getting everything in yellow or neutral colors. I know that if he finds out, he'll tell people and I'll end up finding out that way. So, I don't really know what we are going to do right now.

DH & I decided to be surprised with our other 2 kids...which was honestly 'magical'. However, I think its 'magical' finding out even before the birth. I only know from my experince, and I wouldn't change a thing. I think our biggest surprise was our 2nd child. We already had a boy, and was certain we'd have another boy and when they said 'its a girl'....I was in shock, and it made everything perfect in my world....I was just soooo surprised...I couldn't wipe the smile off my face! Lol. And don't get me wrong, I would have loved another sweet baby boy...I was just shocked that I was now the mom of '1 of each' lol. Anyways...do what you feel is best!! With our 3rd baby I kinda want to know just to have things prepped, but chances are we will keep it a surprise again:)

I have yet to talk about it with my man, but personally I'd like to go Team Yellow for this first baby. My mother didn't find out for my sister (I was 14 when she was born) and I liked how we all got to know her without too many preconceived ideas.

We're staying team yellow.

I think if I found out in advance, whichever gender they tell me, I would be disappointed?

We found out with dd, this time we are keeping it as a surprise till birth. I cant wait.

I love that whole unknown aspect, makes it even more exciting :happydance:

I wanted to find out with my first so that I could be completely prepared but she was awkward at the scan and was holding the umbilical cord in the way, so we didn't get to find out. It was hard waiting but it was so lovely having the surprise when she was born that this time we're definitely going to hold off finding out. It was such a special moment .

Team yellow here :)

Our nursery is neutral and we have nieces and nephews so plenty of hand-me-downs for either gender.

We were team yellow with #1 and will be again with this one. I can't imagine finding out the gender in advance, it just seems strange to me to know before they are born. My DH would love to find out, but I won't let him...it's a secret until birth!

Wow I didn't realize how popular of an idea this is. It will be hard but so worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->