Anybody trying to boost their fertility naturally?

Wombat88

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone is taking anything natural (vitamins etc.) or eating specific things to help boost their fertility?

Yes!
Some good ones I've researched are:
Royal jelly
CoQ10 (I get gorgeous nails with this too, pretty good side effect)
Maca - I'm starting this cycle, heard great things about it

I've been reading that a gluten free diet (paleo, low-carb) is supposed to be helpful when ttc so I am starting that this cycle also.

Lastly, making your body more alkaline is good for overall health and fertility (studies have shown it a better environment for his swimmers)...but it does sway boy...things like lemon water, baking soda water, apple cider vinegar. If you're interested, there's charts online that show alkalining foods

Great! I'll look into getting those. I've cut out white bread, pasta etc. and I'm replacing that with whole grain foods. And I've also cut out caffeine and diet soft drinks. So hopefully that'll help a little and I know it will be a lot better for my overall health. Thanks for the info, it's really helpful!
:flower:

I saw a post on here about some natural fertility enhancers. I've been drinking green tea for the antioxidants and starting to put fresh flax seed on my food. Lots of fruit and vegetables too. Plus I decided to take per-natals and eliminated caffeine. Oh and doing kegels after BDing and elevating my hips. Good luck!

Yes, I'm a big believer in it! I'm getting ready to conceive my 4th pregnancy, the only one I'd didn't use fertility vits etc I took 9 months to conceive and lost it at 12 weeks. My last pregnancy was twins, so maybe works a little too well. Lol.

I use

Vitex, which is amazing for me as it regulates my cycles and shortens them which I need
Macca and royal jelly, both amazing fertility boosters and general health improves
Evening primrose oil, again helps with hormone balancing but also improves cm
I take a good pregnancy multi vit too.

I try to eat heathy whole organic foods and generally keep healthy as I can.

I'm following this thread with great interest! I drank grapefruit juice last time to help boost EWCM - worked a treat :)

Can I ask do you buy royal jelly and macca as supplements??

Thanks,
xx

hi there! i today have decided that something called Agnus Castus, a natural plant that helps with fertility, periods hormones etc.

after being on the depo a year and finished in april, my body wasnt pruducing at all and they said my periods may not come back at all now.

but today after a week of taking agnus castus my periods are back and i am over the moon! means i can try for baby no.2!

I havent seen any other posts about agnus castus on here, there is a lot about it on forums where people have had fertility problems or problems getting them back after being on the depo. its availible in holland and barrett

hope this helps. x

hi there! i today have decided that something called Agnus Castus, a natural plant that helps with fertility, periods hormones etc.

after being on the depo a year and finished in april, my body wasnt pruducing at all and they said my periods may not come back at all now.

but today after a week of taking agnus castus my periods are back and i am over the moon! means i can try for baby no.2!

I havent seen any other posts about agnus castus on here, there is a lot about it on forums where people have had fertility problems or problems getting them back after being on the depo. its availible in holland and barrett

hope this helps. x

You will have seen posts about agnus castus but under its other name vitex. I used it amazing stuff.

I'm following this thread with great interest! I drank grapefruit juice last time to help boost EWCM - worked a treat :)

Can I ask do you buy royal jelly and macca as supplements??

Thanks,
xx

Yes, I buy them online or health shops. Obviously try and get the best quality you can.

They are great, give you and energy boost too and increase sex drive which is a great help TTC.

Thanks for all the awesome info ladies :flower:
I've got flaxseed oil capsules I take a small amount daily. I'm also taking a multi-vitamin, is it okay to still take this for the time being or should I be switching to a pregnancy multi-vitamin straight away? The agnus castus sounds great, I came off the pill in late April and although AF has returned it's really light and only last 3 days which has never happened to me before and I've been off the pill before. I'll definitely be trying the grapefruit juice and I've seen royal jelly at the pharmacy I go to so I'll get some of that next time I go.

When we were TTC, I would drink green tea as it is supposed to help with ovulation and it would give me AMAZING EWCM!!!

I also try to minimize my caffeine intake (most of it was coming from green tea, which really doesn't have a lot to begin with). And obviously prenatal vitamins. But as far as food goes I didn't change anything.

Thanks for all the awesome info ladies :flower:
I've got flaxseed oil capsules I take a small amount daily. I'm also taking a multi-vitamin, is it okay to still take this for the time being or should I be switching to a pregnancy multi-vitamin straight away? The agnus castus sounds great, I came off the pill in late April and although AF has returned it's really light and only last 3 days which has never happened to me before and I've been off the pill before. I'll definitely be trying the grapefruit juice and I've seen royal jelly at the pharmacy I go to so I'll get some of that next time I go.

Yeah it's fine to take your normal multi vitamin, conception ones are slightly different, I think it contains less vit a and things like that and higher amounts of folic acid but overall it would be fine, although I would probably switch when you run out but keeping with it for now is fine.

Eternal, how long did you take the maca and royal jelly before falling pregnant.
I just added maca (cd3) and wonder if it takes awhile to get in your system?
Thanks!

Eternal, how long did you take the maca and royal jelly before falling pregnant.
Thanks!

2 or 3 cycles, 2 I think, I previously has a miscarriage then started taking it and fell pregnant with the twins!

Yes!
Some good ones I've researched are:
Royal jelly
CoQ10 (I get gorgeous nails with this too, pretty good side effect)
Maca - I'm starting this cycle, heard great things about it

I've been reading that a gluten free diet (paleo, low-carb) is supposed to be helpful when ttc so I am starting that this cycle also.

Lastly, making your body more alkaline is good for overall health and fertility (studies have shown it a better environment for his swimmers)...but it does sway boy...things like lemon water, baking soda water, apple cider vinegar. If you're interested, there's charts online that show alkalining foods

I found a cool site called www.paleoplan.com (I'm not affiliated in any way) that gives you menus and a shopping list for a Paleo diet for like $10 a month. It's totally worth it to me to not have to find recipes and get bored with the same foods. :) Thought I'd pass it on!

Thanks!

2 or 3 cycles, 2 I think, I previously has a miscarriage then started taking it and fell pregnant with the twins!

Where can I. Buy the maca and royal jelly! I am very interested!

I got my maca at GNC. They only had capsules and I wanted the powder, but I'm sure they work the same, right? I got royal jelly at Walmart.

Thanks for the site, menelly! Could always use more meals!

I'm using natural progesterone cream with added estrogen, and I'm going start on vitamins this week, will be taking Vitamin B Complex, a high dose of Vitamin C, Folic Acid and Vitamin E...possibly others too but I haven't fully decided yet.

Hi guys

How many cups of green tea should you drink a day to improve your EWCM?

Also is anyone drinking peppermint or spearmint tea as I heard it helps with PCOS?

Thanks

Hi guys

How many cups of green tea should you drink a day to improve your EWCM?

Also is anyone drinking peppermint or spearmint tea as I heard it helps with PCOS?

Thanks

Hard to tell, I don't really remember, but 2-3 small/medium cups should be more than enough (you can also have decaf in the evening). Also lots and lots of water. Basically if you don't drink coffee it won't be too much caffeine. But keep in mind that green tea can interfere with folic acid absorption so this is why having too much isn't good.

Never heard of the peppermint though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->