Anybody unemployed & bored

Me. Lol. I work as a nanny but was let go right before I found out I was pregnant. They decided to send the kids to daycare because it was cheaper...even though they had promised me a year and it had only been 6 mos :dohh: Now when I try to find a new family no one will hire me because I'm pregnant. I've been super sick though so I guess I don't mind too much. I also babysit my friend's lil boy a few times a week so that helps with the boredom some.

I was unemployed (well not technically, I was working for myself in real estate and it was like not having a job) for over a year. I got an office job in property management 3 months ago. I needed the structure because I was slowly going insane. But this job is soooooo boring it's like being unemployed. It doesn't challenge me in the slightest and its mostly mundane administrative work. I literally countdown the minutes until I can leave (I work from 8:30 to 6pm). I just cannot wait to get home and into my elastic waistband pants and crawl under my blankie. I can appreciate it because I don't get to do it very much.

But when I was unemployed I spent a lot of time at Starbucks. Sometimes it was just helpful having someplace to go.

Okay, one hour and twenty minutes left. Argh!

The grass is always greener. I so wish I was home. But I'm sure I'd get bored of that eventually too.

35 minutes and counting!

I lost my job in June 2014. I'm terribly bored yal. I guess I need to go ahead and accept it, maybe I'll be happier.

me! UGH! my husband is at work right now & I haven't even got dressed 4 my day..n sweatpants & a hoodie. sitting on my bed on my laptop with my dog sleeping beside me. Im going crazy. & we had a bad snow storm here so nobody wants 2 drive n it. hey we're both 8 weeks 6 days! getting closer 2 that second trimester yay!

Any hobbies you can take up to keep you busy? Scrapbooking is my thing, makes me fly. Yoga? Reading? Knitting? Could make a cute baby blanket or something.

me! UGH! my husband is at work right now & I haven't even got dressed 4 my day..n sweatpants & a hoodie. sitting on my bed on my laptop with my dog sleeping beside me. Im going crazy. & we had a bad snow storm here so nobody wants 2 drive n it. hey we're both 8 weeks 6 days! getting closer 2 that second trimester yay!

yal bump buddies lol. I often dont get dressed for the day either, smh.

I crochet and read. Right now I'm reading "The Queen's Confessions". Very good book! But my eyes get tired and i have so much on my mind... i have to be in the mood to crochet. I also sew but i need a machine now. I lost mine in a move last year and I've been asking dh for one so, we'll see how that goes.... I'm gonna make my baby's crib set but i have to wait find out what I'm having first to do that....same with diaper covers, Halloween costume, and Room decor that i plan to either sew or crochet... so for now, i have nothing really to do :( I have adult ADHD really bad so my mind goes crazy all day and i have to keep myself busy or i get depressed, sad, anxious, nervous, schizo kind of... but I'm pretty good at entertaining myself... I'm gonna pick up painting again, i think it'll help me a lot because it's something easy to do that distracts my mind from whatever's bothering me...

I crochet and read. Right now I'm reading "The Queen's Confessions". Very good book! But my eyes get tired and i have so much on my mind... i have to be in the mood to crochet. I also sew but i need a machine now. I lost mine in a move last year and I've been asking dh for one so, we'll see how that goes.... I'm gonna make my baby's crib set but i have to wait find out what I'm having first to do that....same with diaper covers, Halloween costume, and Room decor that i plan to either sew or crochet... so for now, i have nothing really to do :( I have adult ADHD really bad so my mind goes crazy all day and i have to keep myself busy or i get depressed, sad, anxious, nervous, schizo kind of... but I'm pretty good at entertaining myself... I'm gonna pick up painting again, i think it'll help me a lot because it's something easy to do that distracts my mind from whatever's bothering me...

half of my battle has been acceptance that I lost my job and haven't been able to find another one. At the beginning it was alot of financial stress and disappointment not landing a job. This pregnancy has given me happiness. At this point I'm trying to find a at home position. Painting sounds nice.....where could I find some inexpensive supplies?

half of my battle has been acceptance that I lost my job and haven't been able to find another one. At the beginning it was alot of financial stress and disappointment not landing a job. This pregnancy has given me happiness. At this point I'm trying to find a at home position. Painting sounds nice.....where could I find some inexpensive supplies?

Joanne fabrics or Michaels. You could get basic supplies for less than $35 and probably paint 30 or more pictures with those supplies :) you just get a large sketch pad meant for mixed media, it's really thick paper. Then 1 of each acrylic paint in red, yellow, blue, white and black. With that you can make any color in the world. And a set of basic brushes ☺ if you want to get fancy you can get a small easel and other little things. But I keep it simple :) hth

Me a 100% I lost my job in December due to bloody agency work! My oh works so my day consists of either doing absolutely nothing or I go on a bit of a mad one where I clean top to bottom of the house and I mean every little corner and then walk the dog to get my 'exercise' and then I just count down the minutes till ohs back, all my friends are either horrible people who I wouldn't really class as friends or they've got kids of their own and don't live near to visit 😔 it's a boring life at least at 9 months I will have this one to keep me busy lol xxx

Right heeeere!! I am very thankful to be able to hang out at home all the time but it would really be nice if I had some friends in the same situation!!! Or if I could just win the lotto, that would be pretty damn amazing :/

I'm working full time, but I won't be working come may and I worry about this. My job is very very very busy and quite stressful as I work with significantly severe needs kids. I love it and I can't wait for the break, but I am also sure I will quickly get bored come summer break. Let me know if you find really great ways to keep occupied so I can use them :)

I'm unemployed, but only because I resigned 2 weeks ago from my job in Perth Australia.

I am ,offing back home to Georgia, USA, after living in Australia for 9.5 years. I'll try and find some part time work in Georgia once I arrive. Hopefully!! Il be 3.5 months pregnant then so will see who will hire me I suppose.

Anyone looking for a job?

I'm unemployed, but only because I resigned 2 weeks ago from my job in Perth Australia.

I am ,offing back home to Georgia, USA, after living in Australia for 9.5 years. I'll try and find some part time work in Georgia once I arrive. Hopefully!! Il be 3.5 months pregnant then so will see who will hire me I suppose.

also an american who spent a few years living in aus- good luck with the move and adjustment back. Don't even bother trying to eat american fish n chips ;-)

I'm working full time, but I won't be working come may and I worry about this. My job is very very very busy and quite stressful as I work with significantly severe needs kids. I love it and I can't wait for the break, but I am also sure I will quickly get bored come summer break. Let me know if you find really great ways to keep occupied so I can use them :)

hey I was working with at risk youth with mental health diagnosis. And I was a supervisor. I was there 5 years. Very stressful!

I was heavily. Now trying to land a at home position

babifever- that sounds stressful and amazing and rewarding. If I didn't feel strongly led to work in the public school systems to help developmentally and behaviourally challenged kids I would be doing something exactly the same- or I would actually be using my degree to work as a therapist lol.

Anyway, I have also been selling nursery decor for a few months *started before my bfp* so if any one needs custom made stuff- I'm cheap lol. That's my time consumer for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->