Anyone 25+ with a long wait ahead of them?

Somehow I get the feeling that there's mostly "young" mums-to-be on here? Are there any of you in your late 20s that are still WTT for No. 1 and will be for a while?

I'm 26 and a postgraduate student at the moment so :baby:s will have to wait at least another 3 years but even then I don't know whether I'll have a job that will allow me to TTC. Mostly it's a problem with (lack of) maternity leave in my field and we just can't afford for me to not be working at all. Anyone in the same boat?

I feel like I'll be soooo old by the time I get around to No. 1 and then we want another two to follow. :dohh: Have even considered just going for it now but in the end my reasonable side tells me it would be a bad idea. Or would it? :muaha: Yes, it would, shut up biological clock!

Sorry, just needed to share my frustration... :blush:

Hi Amygdala!

I have to say that 3 years is not that much (You'll only be 29) I was worried for a moment because I thought you were hoping to wait 10 or so years lol :dohh:

This is my point of view if it helps anyone:

We often joke about our 'biological clocks' but in reality it's not that much of a joking matter, in the sense that our fertility WILL eventually decline and further down the line we WILL be left either without eggs or without viable/quality eggs. I don't want to be a pessimist but it has to be said so that we ladies who aren't in our teens can take control of our reproductive options. :hugs:

So I would encourage those ladies who are looking to delay TTC (over a significant number of years) to save/bank their own eggs. It's not a very complex procedure, and I have considered it before deciding to start TTC. Actually I'm going to do that after having my first child because I don't know how long after that I'm going to have a second one or even a third one.

Anyway, Amygdala, are you going for your Masters degree right now? I have been in a similar situation to yours (getting my BA degree) but have decided to TTC now, and I will go for my Masters after I have the baby.

This is also an option to consider as it won't really be hard for you to get a decent job with a Masters degree! Hell none of my friends have one and some of them have rather decent jobs LOL But either way I don't think you will be old 3 years from now :hugs:

:hug:

But either way I don't think you will be old 3 years from now :hugs:
Aw, thanks! I know I know, I won't be that old. I just always thought I'll have them all by 30ish and now I'll be glad if I manage them by 35...
Anyway, Amygdala, are you going for your Masters degree right now?
No, it's a PhD I'm doing at the moment.
I have been in a similar situation to yours (getting my BA degree) but have decided to TTC now, and I will go for my Masters after I have the baby.

This is also an option to consider as it won't really be hard for you to get a decent job with a Masters degree! Hell none of my friends have one and some of them have rather decent jobs LOL
My problem is that my DH doesn't really have a big enough income to support a family by himself and I'm not entitled to much at all in terms of maternity leave at the moment. So I really need to get myself into a stable(-ish) job with some sort of maternity entitlement for us to cope well financially. I know it's not everything but I tend to get very stressed about not being secure financially (we've had a good few years of that, I know what I'm talking about) and I just don't want to expose my kids to a mum that's permanently stressed out. I know I'll be a much better mum knowing that we have some sort of security and financial freedom because I'll be happier and more relaxed.

I think the egg-freezing is a viable option if you know that it might take you a very long time (biologically speaking) before you can TTC. I might consider that if I get to 30 and circumstances are still nowhere near right. But I'm determined to get ready for :baby::baby::baby: by then and not need that option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->