Anyone about to start cycle no#5 or thereabouts? Looking for buddies!

babybeanz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Who wouldve thought this ttc business would be so hard! I never thought I'd be about to start cycle 5 (even though I know this isnt that long in ttc world!) I thought it would be nice to have some buddies so to talk to about this this as we havent told anyone we're trying (doesnt stop all the millions of hints from everyone thought lol) :flower:

I used the CBFM for the first time last month, and quit pregnacare as I'm pretty sure it was messing up my normally regular but slightly long 32 day cycle. I also bought some mega sized Evening Primrose Tablets today as annoyingly my EWCM has disappeared since we started to try. :wacko:

Anyway, enough about me, would be lovely to hear from anyone in a similar boat.

Hi there,

We're just embarking on cycle 6 now so pretty much similar to you...most of our friends and family know we're trying though (I'm not really one for keeping my mouth shut!) and we're not doing anything special except lots of BD'ing! How are you feeling generally about the whole thing? I had a melt down around the start of cycle 5 (as two friends announced their pregnancies around that time) but am feeling bit more relaxed now. Think I've just gone into 'don't believe it will ever actually happen' mode!!

Good to hear from others in same boat x

I know what you mean about meltdown, I had one at the end of cycle three, but I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about it - I'm trying to do the whole not thinking about it thing (which isnt working that well) It does seem the whole world is pregnant though doesnt it? I've got 4 close friends all pregnant at the moment so cant escape it! x

Hey I'm on cycle 5 now. I'm also on CD5 today :) I'm going to start the SMEP on Friday, so BD every other day until I get a pos opk then BD for the next three days. I think this is going to be a challenge for my DH though, he has a pretty low libido so I'm really going to try to romance him to death :) My only meltdown was in March when I had a chemical pregnancy. It sucks to celebrate being pregnant and then get your period a couple days later! That hurt but I'm good now and ready to make this happen !! :)

Hi there! I'm on cycle 4 but have been trying since December (loooong cycles). Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi! I'm on cycle 4, but trying since beginning of Jan, due to long cycles. We haven't told anyone either, but our family is also starting to ask questions. DH doesn't mind, but it bothers me sometimes. I decided to start temping this cycle, as have been doing similar to newgirl79 up to this point.

Cycle 5 here! Still waiting to Ovulate...feeling less stressed this time. Everytime I get that BFN the mini-meltdown begins, however! Hopefully this month will be different ;)

Lets hope this is a lucky thread for us all! I'll be a June tester, not due to O till about the 22nd or 23rd, what about everyone else? Its funny how my life has become a series of TWW!
I think we'll go for every other day during highs on CBFM and then everyday during peaks. We did everyday (TMI) last cycle and OH was worn out and we didnt even BD on my second peak -he was running dry lol!:blush:

Hiya, just started cycle 4 and we're the same. We haven't told any family the we're TTC but i have told a few close friends as i needed someone to talk to about it all. Everyone at work seems to be either pregnant or they've just given birth & everywhere i look there are pregnant people. I seems to be being followed by them lol.
I'm due to O around the 23rd & we're on holiday that week so plenty of BD will be in order.
Fingers crossed for Jane BFP's

Hello! I'm at the end of cycle #4 ttc. AF is due today but I don't know when she's gonna rear her nasty head. lol Since ttc I'm almost always a few days late(before it was 28-29 days very consistently) and like you my EWCM has decided to take a hiatus. :( We're also not telling anyone we're trying and yes, those hints just keep on a'comin! :) There seems to be babies everywhere I turn so it's really hard to even think of anything else! ALL of my friends who are married have just had babies(when I got married 7 months ago I had 3 PG bridesmaids). Was really hoping this would be our month but I'm a little doubtful as I tested at 10 & 12 DPO with a 10 miu test and got a :bfn:. Best of luck to everyone and lots of :dust:

Hi there! I am on cycle 6 now - (cd3). The witch caught me 4 days early this time for some unknown reason - always been 27/28 days before.

We have not told any we are TTC which I am really glad of as that would increase the pressure.

I'm going to try temping this month and using OPK's so will see how it goes...

Hi! May I join too? Am on CD 25 of ????? day cycle - very long. I haven't even ovulated yet this month!!!!! No sign of doing so either. I never get EWCM and we've been TTC since Dec. Am doing OPKs and I get OV pains usually but nothing this month. It's getting me really down! Just want to get into TWW.

Hi! May I join too? Am on CD 25 of ????? day cycle - very long. I haven't even ovulated yet this month!!!!! No sign of doing so either. I never get EWCM and we've been TTC since Dec. Am doing OPKs and I get OV pains usually but nothing this month. It's getting me really down! Just want to get into TWW.

I haven't ovulated either!! Long cycles are no fun. :nope: I feel your pain! :hugs:

Hey Everyone. This is my first post here. I am on CD6 today, so should be ovulating around May 21, so sounds like I'm right on schedule with you guys, yay.

I have previously been using the very relaxed approach, not taking any extra supplements, no bbt, no ovulation tests for about 6 months now. (A little longer really, but apparantly takes a long time for the pill to get out of your system when you've been on it for 10plus years according to my doc, I only learned from doc when I was stressing over my period being irregular last year. It is back to normal now, Thank Goodness~) We swore last month was going to be it, but AF came over the weekend, I cried for the first time in this whole process.

So now we are ready to get serious, my hubby said why don't you get one of those temperature things, so I'm googling it. Can you get a basel body temp therm at regular drug stores?

Does anybody have any tips on herbal supplements, oils, teas etc? What have you heard "works"?

Thanks, hoping to be part of a good luck forum~

Hey everyone, good to hear from you all!

Afraid I don't know too much about temping etc at this point. I've read that it takes an average of 7-10 ms to conceive in your early 30s (I'm 31) so I'm holding out until after then to start with other methods. I'm an obsessional type so think the stress might counteract any assistance temping etc would give!! Fortunately dh is on board with copious amounts of BDing (he can't believe his luck!) so not too much else we can do anyway. Have a good weekend all x

Oh how lovely, we have lots of us in the same boat and with some similar cycles! Yep I read that it takes 7-10 months too (I'm 30) but I stupidly thought its never gonna take me that long!
I dont temp but have a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and used it for the first time last month. I really like it, and for me take the stress out of trying to work out when I am gonna O. As I said my EWCM has gone AWOL and as my cycles have gone a little haywire I was never sure. I got a peak on days 16 and 17 last month, so its good to know that something is happening. Temping would be no good to me as I'm a poor sleeper so would probably have crazy temps!
The only supplements I am taking are folic acid and started Evening Primsrose Oil a few days ago to see if I can try and entice EWCM back!
Goodluck to everyone, keep us updated! xx

I haven't ovulated either!! Long cycles are no fun. :nope: I feel your pain! :hugs:

Well, I got my smiley on my OV test today but DH is away til Sunday so will miss it as haven't BD'd since Tues night. Feel crap. Next two weeks need to go VERY quickly or I'll go insane. :cry:

Afraid I don't know too much about temping etc at this point. I've read that it takes an average of 7-10 ms to conceive in your early 30s (I'm 31) so I'm holding out until after then to start with other methods. I'm an obsessional type so think the stress might counteract any assistance temping etc would give!! Fortunately dh is on board with copious amounts of BDing (he can't believe his luck!) so not too much else we can do anyway. Have a good weekend all x

SNAP! I'm 31 too!!!! 32 in Dec.

SNAP! I'm 31 too!!!! 32 in Dec.

I'm close too....29!!

Maybe you won't OV until Sunday or Monday. I know last cycle I got my first positive OPKs on a Thursday, then felt the ovulation pains on Saturday. So you have time!

Hi Ladies!

Im now on CD2 of TTC cycle 5!! Really thought this was our month....AF was 11 days late! Stupid body playing tricks on me :( :( :(

Up until now we have been taking a pretty relaxed approach, I take my pre-natal vits & we were just BDing lots around OV time but we are stepping it up a gear now!
Firstly my lovely DH got me the CBFM so ive started that this cycle! Then he is taking Zinc to help with the swimmers. Like some of you girls my EWCM seems to be MIA so Im taking Evening Primrose Tabs & drinking a glass of graperfruit juice everyday (yucky but ill try anything!) Going to BD on all the high & peak days this month & keep our fingers crossed!

Feel like everyone around me is PG & there is lots of pressure as we were married in Dec....you know how people are after you get married they are constantly asking if you are PG!!! Like if I decided to drive to the pub & not drink they are all like "ooooohhhhh, any news for us??" Drives me MAD!!! Its not like we arent trying our best here!!!!

Nice to have some people to talk to who are in the same boat!
Good luck to everyone this cycle! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->