Anyone any cures for stomach pains?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
On Tuesday night I stupidly ate a full jar of pickled onions. I woke up yesterday morning with excruciating stomach pains and have still got them now. I don't know if the pains are due to the pickles but I'm pretty sure they must be because they are so acidy.

I've had these pains before and was sent to hospital and diagnosed with gastric flu, this was 5 years ago.

I'm booked in to see the doctor later but does anyone know of anything I can do/take in the meantime to make these horrible pains go away?

Think I'll stay away from pickled onions in future!

Aww. Poor you. Stomach pains suck.

The only thing that works next on me is a hot water bottle and paracetamol.

Hope you feel better soon.

if you know its the pickled onions i wouldnt waste time seeing a doctor, just take some stomach settling remedies

if you know its the pickled onions i wouldnt waste time seeing a doctor, just take some stomach settling remedies

What do you mean by stomach settling remedies? I need to see the doctor anyway about something else so I might as well mention it.

just alka seltzer or whatever you can get at the chemist

sorry didnt realise you had an appointment already

just alka seltzer or whatever you can get at the chemist

sorry didnt realise you had an appointment already

I went to the doctors earlier and they told me to get some IBS relief tablets but they haven't worked. Had some of the OH's chronic heartburn tablets too. I am such an idiot!

Ouch! You poor thing. Sorry, no remedies apart from time...a bit of vomiting often helps me feel better if I've eaten something yucky.

maybe just eat lots of non acidy things such as cheese, cucumber etc, peppermint tea is good, lots of water, is it buscapan tablets they gave you as they are generally quite good, I would just make sure to eat stuff which was gentle on your stomach, nothing acidic or spicy. I don't imagine there is much you can do till it settles itself, I don't know but gaviscon might help.

hope you feel better, have you got a wheat heat bag, they are nice as they shape more than heat bag, then maybe a nice bath

Thanks. Yeah it's buscopan, I meant the chemist not the doctors. Goin to the docs in a minute. I'm in so much pain. Pickles are not worth it :(

you feeling any better?
How did you go with the doctor?

Oh dear, I have a sensitive belly and always feeling sick from eating too much of things, or the wrong things. I personally recommend something that helps with acid ingestion - over here in Australia we have ENO - the ingredients are: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium carbonate and citric acid anhydrous. Those ingredients seem to do absolute wonders when you have a upset belly. It also does wonders for heartburn too.

Do you need to vomit at all? I also recommend sipping dry ginger ale. Or even coke a cola. The bubbles in the soda are good for a upset belly. That's if that's the sort of upset belly you have.

Also def go to the doc just to make sure you don't have food poisoning.

Feel even worse today :( went to the docs yesterday and he prescribed me strong painkillers because I'm in a lot of pain with my back (unrelated) he said with regards to my stomach it should settle in a day or so and the painkillers will help. He also told me to eat yoghurt and rice. He thinks it's because I had some ibruprofen last week, every time I take them I get stomach pains. Obviously the pickles didn't help either. I've also got a high temperature that I can't bring down so maybe I have a bit of a bug too x

Well if you're coming down with a stomach bug then yogurt will make it worse! :\

Hope ya feel better soon.

Thanks ladies. Still feel like crap, was throwing up yesterday and still got a high temp so I'm thinking I've got some kind of bug. Think I've passed the worst of it. There seems to be a lot going round at the minute. I just hope LO & OH don't catch it x

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7349/norovirus-what-it-is-how-to-prevent-it.html

Check this article, it has good tips, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Actually started to feel ok before and then had something to eat and the pains started again. Hope I've not somehow damaged my stomach :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->