Anyone been induced at 37 weeks???

Catmumof4

Reaction score
Hi all will try keep this brief but I'm 36+4 days pregnant with my 6th and I'm literally in hell. I suffer with fibromyalgia any way so my pain levels are through the roof, my baby has been having less and less movements over the last week and a half to the point iv only had 7 movements since Fri. I went in to be monitored today as I had some spotting but all turned out to be ok. I have consultant and scan tomorrow morning which I will be her to induce me. What do you think my chances are as 37 weeks is classed as term??

*side notes to know- iv been put on oramorph since Aug and I haven't taken it except on days that I physically can't move but I'm still really upset that my poor baby is having to have that, iv had the 2 doses of steroids for her lungs And if now been in with 5 episodes of reduced movements

I had a csec at 37wks twice as I couldn’t go past that after the first time becoz of pain,it was only one consultant that would do it though as others didn’t want to risk their lungs not being strong enough,first time baby was absolutely fine (had steroid injections both times),second time we nearly lost him as he couldn’t breathe on his own BUT every mw and dr were shocked as he was 8lb12oz 37wks and csec went perfect.im convinced,just because I didn’t have gd at 28wks doesn’t mean I didn’t get it after,8,12at 37wks is huge lol good luck xx

I had a very hard time when I requested a C-section at 38 weeks. They told me unless me or baby is in danger, they don’t induce or do sections before 39 weeks. I ended up not getting a section booked until 39+5 which was crazy to me. Ended up going into labour early anyways but yeah I was surprised at how impossible they made it. Hope it’s easier for you!

I was induced at 37 weeks with DS1. This was due to having 3 episodes of reduced movements. I don't recall having an injection for his lungs and he weighed 6lb 12oz when he was born. He was perfectly healthy apart from a bit of jaundice. At my local hospital 37 weeks is classed as full term. They're on about giving me a section this time around at 38 weeks.

Good luck x

I was induced at 36 weeks with my second due to pre-e. It took a bit longer to get things going, but labor was short and I had her with no pain meds. She weighed 5pds12oz and was perfectly healthy, no nicu needed. Every baby is different though, some need a little help. 37 weeks is usually considered full term so if they feel it’s ok, they may agree.

I was induced at 37w2d with my first due to high blood pressure. Didn't get any steroid shots for baby and lungs were fine. Dealt with some jaundice but otherwise healthy, 6lb 11oz. My clinic and hospital stated baby was term at at 37 weeks, though wouldn't have done so without medical reason. Your pain and reduced movement may be enough to warrant it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->