Anyone been induced with 2nd baby?

Jft1

Reaction score
I was induced with DS at 39+2 and it was a horrible labour. Induction process was so long, needed the 3 pessaries and a sweep and even then it was a struggle to break my waters. The labour was long and resulted in forceps.

I’m now 37+2 and there’s a high chance I’ll be induced within the next few days, so I wondered if anyone had went through it with their 2nd and how it was?

I’m dreading another long labour - firstly because it was uncomfortable and second I don’t want to be away from DS for 4/5 days. Thanks!

I was induced with all of my children.

The eldest I was 39 weeks and it was a 3 day event with pessarys and the drip, long long labour.

second baby - 39 weeks - labour kicked off with just breaking of waters and lasted 2 hours. It wasn’t plain sailing but much quicker

third baby - 41 weeks - waters were broken and then drip. Easily the nicest labour, very quick once established and no drama.

If you can (of course that’s a big ask) I do think there is benefit in trying to get as close to EDD as possible. My second and third inductions were very positive though.

I was induced because of gestational diabetes x

I was induced with all of my children.

The eldest I was 39 weeks and it was a 3 day event with pessarys and the drip, long long labour.

second baby - 39 weeks - labour kicked off with just breaking of waters and lasted 2 hours. It wasn’t plain sailing but much quicker

third baby - 41 weeks - waters were broken and then drip. Easily the nicest labour, very quick once established and no drama.

If you can (of course that’s a big ask) I do think there is benefit in trying to get as close to EDD as possible. My second and third inductions were very positive though.

I was induced because of gestational diabetes x
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful and just what I wanted to hear! The baby’s growth has slowed slightly and I’ve had a couple of episodes of reduced movement. They wanted to induce yesterday and I said no, but if it happens again it won’t be optional. Hopefully I can get as close to my due date as possible x

I was induced with both of mine, first one took forever and was very painful. Second one was much quicker like 11 hours or something like that and hurt a lot less for whatever reason!

I was due to be induced with my second but he arrived the day before

I was induced with both of mine, first one took forever and was very painful. Second one was much quicker like 11 hours or something like that and hurt a lot less for whatever reason!
Thank you! How many weeks were you when you were induced with each of you don’t mind me asking?

Your first induction sounds like my first, almost identical.
I unfortunately had serious anxieties about it as soon as I fell pregnant with my current pregnancy.

I looked into hypnobirthing, which you can still follow being relaxed and all the ways to help have a more positive birth using the strategies, which are science based rather than hypnosis, which it I assumed it was all about lol.

I have my consultant on thursday, they want to induce me, I have gone through all NICE guidelines and using the BRAIN method to assess what I want to do.

Watch some of the positive birthing company youtube videos- amazon prime audio have an offer on for a free audio book, they have a few positive birrh books which have helped me feel more in control and positive which ever way my birth goes.xx

I unfortunately had serious anxieties about it as soon as I fell pregnant with my current pregnancy.

I looked into hypnobirthing, which you can still follow being relaxed and all the ways to help have a more positive birth using the strategies, which are science based rather than hypnosis, which it I assumed it was all about lol.

I have my consultant on thursday, they want to induce me, I have gone through all NICE guidelines and using the BRAIN method to assess what I want to do.

Watch some of the positive birthing company youtube videos- amazon prime audio have an offer on for a free audio book, they have a few positive birrh books which have helped me feel more in control and positive which ever way my birth goes.xx
Thank you. How many weeks will you be when you get induced with this one? I had the hospital this morning, the midwife wasn’t happy with my growth chart and said it’s going down rather than up. She called the doctor who did a scan, and he said ‘the baby has long legs, maybe that’s why you have a tiny bump’ ...? He said wasn’t too worried about the growth and with it being the Easter weekend there’s not many staff in. It just seemed strange considering on Wednesday my own consultant wanted to induce and this doctor seemed more against it? So I don’t know what’s happening now xx

Thank you. How many weeks will you be when you get induced with this one? I had the hospital this morning, the midwife wasn’t happy with my growth chart and said it’s going down rather than up. She called the doctor who did a scan, and he said ‘the baby has long legs, maybe that’s why you have a tiny bump’ ...? He said wasn’t too worried about the growth and with it being the Easter weekend there’s not many staff in. It just seemed strange considering on Wednesday my own consultant wanted to induce and this doctor seemed more against it? So I don’t know what’s happening now xx

They have said by 39 weeks for me, I am hopeful to avoid it and go naturally, of course unless there is a risk.
Have you had growth scans through out? That is frustrating that they have given different answers. Do you see a different consultant each time?
i would perhaps ask them for details to why they want to induce you and risks if you didn't / did. Then ask them for a second opinion if a consultant is around.

I plan to take in my own version of ideal events and a list of questions on Thursday.

I am under consultant due to previous pre eclampsia, I am on medication for hypertension but a low dose and had no issues what so ever, so my opinion for myself is there is no risks, but I am not a dr.

Are your reasons for induction due to growth? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->