anyone been to a surfing beach in wales??

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
wanting to go to cornwall this summer but with a new LO the travelling time will be too much from where we live (7/8 hrs by train/13 hrs by coach)

so i am looking into wales. apparently there are some good surfing beaches (for OH) there, so just wondered if any of you have been??

OH is used to surfing in Barbados (where he's from) so it has to be quite decent!! lol.

im in swansea, gower is where the surfing is (which is part of swansea), loads of people come to surf, we have different type of surf to cornwall so we get loads of people come up from there, no clue about it myself, i know the current is mega strong though.

So yeah gower in swansea.

I live in North Wales. I surf too and tend to go the Lleyn Penninsular, there are a couple of beaches but the main one is Hells Mouth. If you go to www.westcoastsurf.co.uk you can get a good report.

There's also a few good beaches on Anglesey west coast. The wave height is usually half of what it is on the Lleyn.

The wave height varys. I went last weekend and it was about 6 foot swell offshore!!!! But that's uncommon. It's usually around 3-5 foot and onshore lol x

A good beach that I know of to surf is in gower,port eynon is the best my cousins always surf there.

The kind of waves in port eynon
ea90c933.jpg

We've been to a few good ones. Hubby loves to surf. But our personal favourite is Port Eynon. We go there every year, I actually learned to surf there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->