Anyone been to Benalmadena (malaga) on holiday? do we need a car?

NickyKB

Reaction score
Hi we've just booked a week in a selfcatering apartment for October half term for me, DH and our 5 and (1 week off being) 3 year old. We'd planned to hire a car but it's quite expensive and I'm not sure if we'd use it enough. We're not planning to take a pushchair so both kids will have to walk whereever we're going. The beach is about a 7 min walk and shops/restaurants are meant to be walkable but if we wanted to go to water parks or further out it would need to be bus/train/taxi which I don't know if by the time we'll need airport shuttle for transfer etc we'll regret not just getting a car.

Anyone been there and know whether actually the local things (obviously weather depending) are ok to keep everyone happy for a week?

Thanks

We stayed in Malaga a few years ago not far from Benalmadena

We didn't have a car And The public transport was great and not that expensive.

We went for a week a found lots to do . We went speed boating , water parks , local markets , sea life centre . We took a few bus journeys to explore further afield . Once you look into local activities more I'm sure there will be lots more things to do ! We really enjoyed the enjoy .

Have a good time !

We stayed in Nerja 6 years ago and went to Benalmadena for a day, the transport was great! My mum also lived there for a few years about 25 years ago and she didn't have a car over there, she said it was really good public transport wise then as well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->