Anyone been to Disneyland Paris?

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
Hello :flower:

Has anyone been to Disneyland Paris with a 4/5 year old? How was it? What's the best time of year to go? If you drove yourself did you go on the ferry or the channel tunnel? How much spending money did you take and how many days/nights did you go for?

Thankyou :thumbup:

Me and oh went In may 2011 but it was just us two so not sure how helpful this will be:flower:
We had a really great time though, in fact I was genuinely sad to leave, I feel happy but sad thinking about it even now, happy because of the memories but sad because I wanted to live there:haha: can't wait till we can go back with our LO.
I think we stayed for 3/4 nights, can't remember exactly, we stayed at the Santa fe but I think if we went again we'd stay at the Cheyenne instead, it's around the same price but looks so much better decor-wise.
We didn't drive but we went on the coach via channel tunnel, NEVER AGAIN, it's a very long journey and got very cramped and hot, next time we go we are definitely flying. Driving yourself may be different though since you can choose when and where you stop and how often.
I think we took around £400-500 worth of euros, which tbh was plenty. We thought we'd struggle because of the cost of food but we had loads to spare, even after a shopping spree and an anniversary dinner in the Disney village on the last evening we came back with around £70 worth of euros. And that was with us buying lunch and dinner and snacks in the parks every day. I'm guessing it would have been more tight if we'd had kids with us though.

Have you checked out The Dibb's section on Disneyland Paris?

When we go, we usually do 3 or 4 nights depending on what we plan to do, usually take a few hundred in spends for food and pressies and we've only ever done the Eurostar. But in March, we'll be taking Molly for the first time and we're driving it via ferry but staying overnight the night before in Dover so we are booked on the 7:35am crossing.

4/5 I think is a lovely age to take children, they're big enough to do most things and able to really sample the 'magic' but then I think you make it what it is for any age ;)

My favourite time to go is either Halloween or April time. I've done it in Easter hols 3 times which was busy, August once, very busy, Halloween was dead, April was lovely and calm and February was bloody freezing and it snowed! BUT it looked very pretty!

Thanks ladies :) I'm trying to figure out a good time to take Tegan. Realised last night we can't really do the channel tunnel because of the pressure changes affecting Tegan's brain pressure so we will take the ferry. I think a stop over in dover would be a good move for us too since we live in the east midlands.

Anyone else been?

we are going in two weeks, this will be our 5th time, we usually stop in ashton over night and set off first thing we have gone by ferry and by the tunnel, afterwards we usually have a day or two in paris then stop another few days near the berney riviere, to have a rest before travelling back, we usually go in october for the halloween celebrations.

Will keep an eye on this thread, we're planning on going next year x

Only been on own not with kids. I have heard they are fantastic to SN familys xx

I fancy going, but think ours are too young, good To get tips though.

Yeah I think for LO's to really really appreciate and remember it it's better to wait until they are at least 4 or 5 years old. They should be able to do pretty much everything by that age as well :D

i toke my DD is feb for her leap year birthday :D she was 4. We stayed in santa fe which was good tbh.

Omg its expensive though, we spend 1k in 3days.

why not eurostar? it was really fast, and it takes you into the park x

We go every year and off again in november.
That time of year is best becausr everything is decorated for christmas amd fake snow.
Dont ever go around the 11th november though as its a holiday there and you cant move

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->