Anyone been told someone thinks you're pg?

Jess137

Pregnant w/1st - 3rd Tri!
Reaction score
Pointless post, but here goes:

So today at work, my boss comes up to me and says "I know something". I said what are you talking about, and she whispers "you're pregnant". Um, not unless she knows something I don't! I was shocked! I said that I had no idea what she was talking about, of course I'm not! She kept looking at me funny all day. She said that she usually isn't wrong about people being pg.

All day I'm going nuts trying to figure out why she would think this. I can't come up with anything. I don't think I've gained weight or anything! And I just finished my period on June 3. (I stopped temping this cycle since we had to go back to NTNP).

Anyway the whole point of this is, now I am driving myself crazy thinking, is it a sign? Could she be right? Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

I guess technically she could be right but you would have just ovulated in the last week or so. I have had co-workers ask me if I am pregnant while I was on AF, but never tell me that I was PG.

Ooooh, how strange that she would say that to you.

Is it possible that whilst you were TTC you were talking a bit about babies and having babies etc and since NTNP you havent been so much, if that is the case, she might take your silence as a signal that you are hiding something.

Huh, I dunno, but out of sheer curiosity I would test!!!!!:test:

My own mother 'calls it' but she generally doesn't go up to the person and tells them. She'll tell me.. oh btw, so and so is definitely pregnant and probably doesn't know it yet! 9 times out of 10 she's right. I don't know how she does it, nor do I know how I'm going to keep news from her! LOL

I say, your boss is crazy but that you should test anyway! :D

This happened to me a lady I used to work with who left to do a course in psychic readings and telling the future and hand reading and all that sort of thing and I saw her in town and she asked me what was happening with me and I said nothing Just work and she said 'no something is happening I can tell' and I didn't know what she meant but she said ' you will have a little blessing soon I can feel it' I did a test that day but it was negative so she wasn't right yet!!

Wow, that is so weird. I'm sure there are people out there that have that "gift" or something. That would definitely creep me out.

Hmm, my boss asking me would creep me out, mainly because she'd take the idea very badly - kind of "how dare you have the audacity to fall pregnant" :dohh: and so on.

Jess, I've been asked that question a number of times since I got married - all of a sudden any slight sicky feeling, not wanting an alcoholic drink, professing to be tired etc. and people immediately ask if I'm pregnant. Drives me mad!

My mom has dreams in which people are pregnant and about 90% of the time she seems to be right! It's really weird. She's had a few about me for years now and they've been wrong so far, but with cousins, friends, etc she's always been right.

Hmm, my boss asking me would creep me out, mainly because she'd take the idea very badly - kind of "how dare you have the audacity to fall pregnant" :dohh: and so on.

Jess, I've been asked that question a number of times since I got married - all of a sudden any slight sicky feeling, not wanting an alcoholic drink, professing to be tired etc. and people immediately ask if I'm pregnant. Drives me mad!

SAME HERE. We got married kinda quickly, too (for no reason other than I was tired of planning a wedding and just wanted it to be done with! I have no patience sometimes :dohh:) and that didn't help! Everyone kept assuming the reason we moved our wedding up was because I was pregnant! :growlmad: My MIL swore for days that I was lying to her, lol. And now, 2 years into my marriage, there still isn't a bebeh.... I get scrutinized everywhere I go! Drives me nutso!

Edit: My good friend told me a few days ago that her SIL told her she had a dream I was pregnant. :saywhat:

Oooh, interesting, whereabouts are you in your cycle?

Me? CD11, I think.... the day she told me that, AF showed! :haha::shrug:

well it seems you were expecting a bouncing baby............. AF. :haha: maybe she'll have better luck next time!

Thanks for the responses guys, sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days.

I don't know what to think. Probably just wishful thinking. I'll wait and see if AF shows.

YES, I deal with this all the time at work. I work at a large office with lots of women, many with kids or are married, and they are all baby obsessed! I hear rumors all the time that someone's pregnant, and only every once an awhile does it turn out to be true. I've had the rumor about me being pregnant go around a few times, and every once an awhile someone will bring it to my attention. They'll either say what they heard or someone will just ask me things...I've heard everything from "Oh, you were out sick yesterday? Is it because you're pregnant?" to "Your boobs look bigger, are you pregnant?"...I never know how to take that one lol!

Most recently I got a text message from my MIL saying she say a psychic and that she said I was either currently pregnant or would be very soon. The funny thing is this is the first month Hubby and I are really truly trying to get pregnant. Evidently the psychic also told MIL that my husband would be having a new door open for him soon, and he is currently in the process of getting a new job...we haven't told MIL any of this stuff!

So who knows? Time will tell ;)

When they ask if your boobs are bigger due to pregnancy just tell them that you got a boob job then walk away. That should shut them up right quick. :haha:

LOL, I once said "Are you saying I look like I've gained weight???" in an offended voice, then she was just concerned she offended me a shut up lol

LOL, I once said "Are you saying I look like I've gained weight???" in an offended voice, then she was just concerned she offended me a shut up lol

I've taken this route recently. I'm getting fed up of being asked. I desperatley want a baby and whilst we're only wtt for another month or 2, being constantly reminded that I'm not pg is incredibly annoying! The person who I asked if he thought I was fat was one of my managers, just looked a bit shame faced and muttered "well it's the next thing ain't it after you get married"...yes it is for me you moron, but when we're ready!!

Sorry for the vent there but people starting to bug me about the whole thing now lol

Hi ladies,

I bob between TTC and NTNP and now I'm back to NTNP and just had to post on this. I've picked up quite a bit of weight since we got married basically due to BCP and eating alot. (I admit it) lol. Anyway, my SIL asked DH if I was preggers b/c she was sure I was. I was not feeling well and everyone kept asking him if I was "with child." SIL has a hearing aid and reads lips so we were sitting at the table with Dh's family for Christmas dinner and I mouthed to her..."Hey, don't worry. I'm not pregnant just fat." She almost spit out her food. it was hillarious. They left me alone after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->