Anyone bought Clomid from an online pharmacy?

Sweetpea31802

Reaction score
Just wondering since I have count insurance which doesn't cover what I need, has anyone ever bough Clomid from an online pharmacy? Is that ok to do, safe?

Thanks!

Don't, it's a prescription drug for a reason and it doesn't do anything for a shirt latural phase that I'm aware of, it just makes you ovulate or hyper ovulate.

That's right? What was I thinking? What helps with short lp? Complex B6 and Vitex only? Does progesterone suppositories help?

That's right? What was I thinking? What helps with short lp? Complex B6 and Vitex only? Does progesterone suppositories help?

No to progesterone, it helps of your hormonally imbalanced. Which you may be, but try the vitex and b6 first, give it three months, if it doesn't work you can try other things, don't over do it or you could push your cycle right out.

No to progesterone, it helps of your hormonally imbalanced. Which you may be, but try the vitex and b6 first, give it three months, if it doesn't work you can try other things, don't over do it or you could push your cycle right out.

Actually sorry @Eternal, that is not true. A short luteal phase is typically due to low progesterone. It's actually the single most common reason a woman would have a short luteal phase. And most Dr.'s will prescribe Provera two to three days after you ovulate to lengthen your luteal phase and help you to sustain pregnancy. Provera is progesterone.

I'd reach out to your Dr. in this case @Sweetpea31802.

What you'll need to do is have a 21 day blood test drawn, about seven days after ovulation, and then your Dr. can see your progesterone levels.

From Wikipedia,
LPD is a spectrum. There is unruptured luteinized follicle syndrome (ULFS), short luteal phases (e.g. 9 days instead of 14) and follicular nonresponsiveness to hCG. The second two varieties can be stabilized by taking high dose progesterone suppositories or injections until one gets a positive pregnancy test, and then continuing for another 8–10 weeks until placenta is self-sufficient. Some people have seen normalisation with high dose B6.

Webmd suggests progesterone as well, https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/luteal-phase-defect?page=2

Sorry for the double post and the links to the websites but I just really wanted to make sure the correct information was posted here for anyone stumbling on this post in the future and for you Sweetpea and also Eternity.

Yes. Luteal Phase Defects are absolutely treated with progesterone. Google it. Google "progesterone luteal phase defect" and fertility clinic after fertility website after medical health site will all offer progesterone as a way to treat a luteal phase defect.

Just wanted to add one more thing, they are actually also sometimes treated with Clomid as Clomid increases your progesterone level slightly.

via WebMD

Treatment of Luteal Phase Defect

Treatment depends on your overall health and whether or not you are trying to get pregnant. Any health conditions that can lead to luteal phase defect should be appropriately treated.

You may not need any further treatment if you do not wish to get pregnant.

If you are trying to get pregnant, the following medicines may be helpful:

Clomid (clomiphene citrate) stimulates your ovaries to make more follicles, which release eggs.
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) may help induce ovulation and produce more progesterone.
Progesterone injections, pills, or suppositories may be used after ovulation to help the lining grow.
Talk to your doctor about all your treatment options. Not all treatments will work. And studies have not proven that treatment for luteal phase defect improves the chances of successful pregnancy in women who do not use assisted reproduction techniques.

Progesterone can help some women who receive fertility treatments. However, there is no proof that taking progesterone after you become pregnant will prevent miscarriage.

Wow thanks for the wonderful information!!! I wish I could
See a dr about this however I don't have private insurance
Only county. I'm on my own with this one that's why I was looking at what I can buy online to help me onto own.

You could definitely try a progesterone cream. You can find them at a health store. They are also recommended by Dr.'s. Start applying two to three days after confirmed ovulation.

I didn't know that. Most of my research on progesterone as been about hormone balance and miscarriage prevention and I know it's difficult to get it last time I was TTC as doctors said lack of evidence supporting its use.

Worth a try I suppose but as I said I would be weary of adding too many things at once.

Actually found this which may be useful

https://natural-fertility-info.com/luteal-phase-defect.html

It talks about progesterone cream and suggest good diet tips too.

Yeah! Sorry to post so much!

I think most of the reason there is still a lot of question out there on if Progesterone and Clomid are used to treat LPD is because there haven't been too many specific studies to make it a proven effective treatment. Just like Femara. That drug is still classified as an anti-cancer drug, and not treatment for infertility, but it is widely used for both, there just has been any major studies to put it on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->