anyone breastfeeding and hoping to conceive

ThatGirl

Proud mummy to alfie
Reaction score
our lil man is only 3 months old but we are hoping for another (a girl)

just wondered if anyone else was in the same position x

Bah! Hey that girl! Congrats on Alfie! I'm breastfeeding and ttc again! Looks like us old chart stalkers are at it again hey. Has your cycle come back? Mine has and I am just ovulating for the second time now.

I'm NTNP whilst BFing my nearly 9 month old. Still waiting on AF so hoping to catch the first egg out of the basket.

Breastfeeding mama here! :flower:

My cycles came back when dd was 14 months.... Hoping for a happy accident now :baby:

Wow it took you guys a long time to get your back! I've been exclusively bf'ing from the start and mine came back at exactly 3 months!

I have been bfing our 10, nearly 11mth old and we are now ttc. I have had my cycles back since he was 3 mths old so I think things are doing what they should in that department. We have a 15mth gap between our first two so this one will be a bit bigger which could be good : )

We should start a ttc buddy group for bf'ing moms.

I am with you guys, too! Nursing my 6 month old boy, hoping (and sorta planning) on another baby soon (hoping for a girl after two boys)

BF mama here hoping to conceive soon..... But my AF hasnt returned yet.

I ovulated yesterday! Here's to hoping once again for a bfp!

I'm breastfeeding and hoping to start ttc within the next 6 months (if hubby hops on board). I had a period last week (LO is now 6 weeks), and was very suprised at it.. i thought it would take much longer after having LO.

My first tww ttc is winding up, got another week left. Am thinking no for this month I had a temp drop today.

Is it possible to get pregnant whilst breastfeeding if not yet had period back? Iv just been told its not and well and truly gutted! x

I'm not to sure. I am guessing it is possible cause my friend breastfed her baby boy for 6 months didn't have a period and got pregnant with her baby girl.
Edit to add, I think it just makes it all the more harder to get pregnant with no period and breastfeeding, something like 5% I read somewhere.

Thinking of hopping on board the breastfeeding NTNP train. No AF yet, so may stop my pills soon (it just feels silly with no AF, and at this point hardly any sex either!).
How do those with no AF back yet manage with NTNP? Do you take a test every month or what?

I'm 'still' Bfing my 14 month old & got my AF back when he was 10 months, but super irregular still, so NTNP and so far nothing positive. looks like I have a short LP at the moment, so i'm guessing it's gonna be quite some time before we conceive again, but oh well. We did NTNP the first time round & it only took 3 months; my body is soooo out of whack now, lol!

I tested once a month or before I did something I shouldn't if pg like hot tub etc.

My oh and I decided would like another baby last night. My oh has a low sperm count and we were lucky last time to have caught a good swimmer.

( they are probably all in wheelchairs now)

I am exclusively breastfeeding and haven't had my period yet, I know it could take a while for anything to happen but we are def ntnp

We just don't want to leave it too long in case we def can't have anymore!!

Xx good luck all xx

My daughter will be 6 months old in 8 days she is still breastfed. I still not got my period yet, I have this overwhelming feeling to have another baby and I know my partner does too. I just worry because she was born by Emlscs and I read alot about inner scar tearing. Its hard to get my head around not having a baby so soon because I always wanted to have children close together. Maybe my body is telling me to wait by not giving me my cycle back yet.

Im with you too, Im NTNP now, and havent got my cycle bag yet, hoping to catch that first eggy...Hoping it wont take too long as i want my LO to have a brother/sister quite close in age... having said, im not going to give up BF just for that....
iv beeen told that if all night feeds stop cycles will come back quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->