Anyone conceive using vitex agnus castus?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
If so can you share when you took it and for how long?
I'm reading a lot of conflicting advice online: some take it af-o then stop till af again but then I've read how if you took it before your bfp then you should take it until 12weeks to help prevent mc.
But if you were only taking it af-o, are you meant to start taking it every day through early pregnancy?
Others say to take it every day- I've bought some from Boots for hormone balance and PMS and it says take one a day!
I'm confused!!

I should add that I'm taking it to try and help my short LP and late ovulation! I have always had a regular cycle so have never felt the need to try it before now! Been trying 5 months now and would like to give it a go

I was taking it to try and regulate my cycles, I was taking it from the day af arrived until I o'd as I read taking it when pregnant can cause miscarriage but like you I also read conflicting advice but figured better safe than sorry. I actually conceived the month that I decided to stop taking it :S

I took it all the way to 12 weeks as I read that it could help prevent a m/c but the advice was conflicting. Id just had a mmc and that's why I kept taking it. Oh and it was my first month taking it. X

I tried it for a couple of months (throughout cycle I think), and then I became impatient and gave up on it - changed to Soy isoflavones instead and conceived that month!

Ok I'll give it a go- mine are from Boots and say one a day so I'll start off with that and see how I go! Hope all your pregnancies are going well! :)

I seem to remember a lot of the doses you buy 'over the counter' were much lower than what's recommended for TTC. I had to get mine online

Omg you are right I think 1000mg is recommended and mine have 4mg lol
I'm still breastfeeding though so going to try these for 2 months and see what happens

I started taking Vitex April 2, 2015 had an af April 22, took it all through af, took two months worth, stopped taking it cause ran out then place where i had gotten it didnt have any in stock so I started Dong quai...by this time i was already pregnant, just didn't know. Now I do not take anything but prescribed prenatals.

For those who tried it then conceived- how long were you trying before hand?
I'm just wondering if you could say it was the vitex that helped you get the bfp or just coincidence?
I'm 5 months ttc now so if I got my bfp this month or next id most definitely be able to say it helped!

Like I said before I hadn't been taking it very long April 2 was my first day taking 2000mg and AF arrived April 22nd then we conceived May 14th by my ultrasound date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->