Anyone conceive when they stopped obsessing

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
So we have been trying for now 5 months and already I'm exhausted. Sex as lost its spark, it seems like a job, we calculate and measure and test everything, temp, and eat well. Wondering if anyone actually conceived when they STOPPED all of this? This month we will be away for Memorial weekend. Not alone, with the in laws,but still away. Of course this will be my fertile time. I am not temping, not calculating, not caring (or trying not). Tell me some success stories!!!!!!!!

We decided to try in October of 2013. I got really into it, started tracking my cycles (it was really frustrating as they were different every month) started doing opks and had started temping. It was so stressful and I felt exactly the same as you, it became a chore.

So I just kind of said we should take a break and just not try not prevent and lo and behold I got my bfp which was completely unexpected! I'm almost 8 weeks now.

Long story short I absolutely got my bfp once I let go of controlling everything and obsessing. It also helped me to take a break from these forums. I've also heard other stories of the same thing, once you get rid of the stress and relax is when it will happen. So try and relax and enjoy the process! Good luck!

I obsessed over ttc for just over a year! Until August last year I just thought hell with it, started taking folic acid and vitamins, started loosing weight and hey, BFP literally out of nowhere! It did take a little longer for me I guess but after so much time obsessing it was nice to have a few months off without using OPKs and symptom watching and googling! I know it's hard when people say just relax and itl happen, it used to great my cheese when people said that to me... But it's honestly true!
I am now 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant!
Good luck and lots of baby dust :) xox

Yess. That's what happened with me and my oh. It seemed like when were very anal about having a baby it didn't happen. We decided in March of this year that we were jus gonna let things happen and then in ended finding out towards the end of April we were expecting.

Yep it happened here too... The only problem with me is I have to track to a certain degree as after ovulation I have to take steriods!
The month previous I was so regimented, I threw everything at the cycle and was crushed when af came. So I decided that I was going to have a month off all the crazyness... bd timing wasn't great and I didn't religiously take all my suppliments, I simply had a can't be bothered attitude! Then low and behold 9dpo I got my bfp, I was floored!

I was still temping but wasn't being strict on bd, we only bd within 5 days of when fertility friend gave me my crosshairs and it was a happy surprise to get our bfp!

Best of luck to you! Lots of dust, I hope a breather is what's needed :)

Same here! We were trying from 19 months - temping, tablets, exact timing, arguing more than usual so from around mech this year we stopped doing it all (except taking folic acid and wellman) and concentrated on our wedding which is happening in June! Low and behold I got our BFP just over a week ago! We r now 5+1!

Last month is the first month we truly relaxed and actually laughed and giggled during sex and afterward coz we were having fun! No pressure and no forcing baby making on each other and now we have a miracle due to arrive jan 10th!

Best of luck to you mrs xx

:wave: Me and my OH started trying while I was still breastfeeding in July 13 but my cycles were wacko. January the 1st I stopped BF and Feb started to take 3 OPKs everyday and March started to temp, it's the best thing I've done to pin point ovulation. So april I temped again and I only took 2 OPKs when I had a temp dip, had sex the day before + OPK then missed a day, sex before ovulation and then the day after and I'm now carrying #2! x

Yes!

We'd been trying, got pregnant and it ended in a miscarriage, so we started trying again. We had the clearblue monitor, OPKs, fertility friend, both of us eating healthy and taking vitamins... Then we said right we're having a break, we're not too fussed on a dec or jan due date anyway. Stopped trying, had fun and we got a dec due date lol.

This is great news and congratulations to you all! Yes everyone says to relax, but since we are an older couple (35 and 44) and just trying Im like come on already!!I religiously print a monthly calander and mark days to start opk, bd, positive , negative, smilies, blinking smilies, temps, AHHHH!!! For May I am just marking my every other day dates and crossing my fingers :)

Yep. He got home from deployment on the last day of August last year. We actively tried with OPKs in September and October but he hated the pressure and we ended up not even having sex during my fertile period in November and December. Then NYE came along, I ovulated 4 days later, and I got a positive test on January 13th.

Yeah! month i caught may have been my first month of ovulating after the depo we had been out drinking loads!

Stopped exercising, stopped eating healthy, stopped OPK, didn't have sex in my "fertile" period, booked a once in a lifetime solo holiday (he's not coming!!!), didn't want a Christmas baby.....

Boom, positive pregnancy test :D

We were trying for 10 months.

So we have been trying for now 5 months and already I'm exhausted. Sex as lost its spark, it seems like a job, we calculate and measure and test everything, temp, and eat well. Wondering if anyone actually conceived when they STOPPED all of this? This month we will be away for Memorial weekend. Not alone, with the in laws,but still away. Of course this will be my fertile time. I am not temping, not calculating, not caring (or trying not). Tell me some success stories!!!!!!!!

Hello! I just got my BFP today... Started ttc no 2 in Dec 2013. Obsessed over it, used digital OV tests, BD every day/other day during the week of fertile window, peed on sticks, did symptom spotting like crazy during 2ww... You name it I did it. I thought it would never happen and felt sad when I kept seeing pregnancy announcements on FB.

Last cycle (no 5) I didn't use OV predictor kit, BD once or twice max over fertile window, booked a holiday for Oct to look forward to, barely mentioned ttc with OH, stayed off baby&bump, no symptom spotting...AF was 2 days late so tested today and BFP! ( did 1 sneaky test 3 days before AF due and BFN)

I'm 37 by the way!

So relax and it's amazing what can happen! Lots of luck xxx

Happened to me too. We took a break so I could get wild at a concert. We had sex once that month and checked the day before the concert just to be sure and it was positive. I was super shocked as we hadn't tried at all that month!

Then with this pregnancy I was on the pill so we were extremely relaxed. Lol though that doesn't really count!

Well I definately didn't expect the BFP when I got it, as DH was sick and I was Ovulating Sooner than I thought. I was using the OPK's and decided to test 2 days sooner than I thought I should and Bam Positive on the second day, the next day I got a negative but I was feeling my normal Ovulation cramps as well as it was the first month I had super stretchy CM (I had bought fertile CM and only used one pill a few days before as a test run)
I even told my DH the day before I was supposed to start I could feel it coming. The day it was due, there was nothing and it wasn't super uncommon for me to be a day or so late. Mostly I was right on time but there were a few times where I had been about a week late and not pregnant. So I decided not to get excited since I was still feeling crampy and like I was going to start any minute. I almost tested the day I was due then the next day but I was like No, better wait. My husband woke up when I was one day late and told me to test, he watched it as it turned and saw 2 lines. I was completely in shock, it was fairly light but it wasn't technically my FMU since I woke up earlier and went to the bathroom, it only took about 30 seconds for it to turn positive. I took another test the next day with FMU and it was a lot darker!

I don't feel like I was obsessing over it (as much) but I still was conscious to when I was Ovulating and timing intercourse around then.

I've been trying for 2 years eventually the doctor took me serious and i went to the gyne who said it sounded like i had pcos i had even started lactating .. so i went threw repeated blood tests and on the 15th of april i had a internal scan which showed 18 cysts the gyne put me on metaformin and bromocriptin on like the 25th of april i had gotten a positive opk on the 23rd but we decided not to try and wait till i had built up my metaformin as i was to increase it every 2 weeks ..and only did the deed on the 21st april .. my husband was messing about and said maybe your pregnant so i did a test and got a bfp biggest shock ever after 2 years of scheduling sex like some sort of army mission ..

The month I got pregnant I had the flu so I couldn't track my temps as I had a fever, I got a yeast infection also. I just figured there was not hope that month. So we hardly tried. Whatever we did it worked. I'm now almost 11 weeks pregnant. Despite being as sick as anything when we conceived. That was after 5 years of TTC #1. But I did have a little help from Clomid. Good luck. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->