Anyone conceive when they stopped obsessing

We TTC our first for 17 months with no luck. We decided we would stop trying as the pressure, the emotions, it was all just too much and for too long. We got pregnant that month! Good luck! It's really amazing what no pressure can do for your relationship and your fertility.

We have been trying since Jan 2014 and I was obsessing praying I wasn't infertile etc after 3 months of trying I just decided to book a few holidays and enjoy our married life and said if we concieve we do, if a year passes and no conception then we will deal with it. I was still using my clear blue monitor and taking folic acid but other than that nothing, took a test a few weeks ago and got a BFP, I'm 6+4 weeks. I will have a well travelled bump due on Jan 2nd :)

Baby dust to you x

Me too! 8 months with the ttc "tools" and 1 month completely off is all it took! Try not to plan sex, have it when you want to! Put your feet up, have a drink, and relax :) I did still chart my fertile cm, but i didn't have sex because of it, I just said screw it, we'll go back to trying next cycle :haha: no need! I know how hard it is trying to ignore all of your bodies signs you worked so hard to learn, and I also thought it was crap when ppl said they caught when they gave up/stopped trying, but it's certainly true, at least letting go as best I could worked for me :)

Yup. My first two pregnancies took 8 months. Both of those I had given up. One time I had a vacation the next month so I stopped trying cause I figured why be preggo for a trip. Well I got knocked up. The second time took 8 months also. I was trying and nothing happened so I told myself I give up for now and I will track for the next few months and pick it up again when I knew my cycle better. I got knocked up that first month. And now this one we decided wed start trying and I thought it would take months but because I dont think I wanted it yet so therefor not obsessing I got knocked up right away. lol

Oh ladies, I am so happy and hope this is true for me too. It is so disheartening every month. I almost feel like giving up and its only been a short while. I think, am I wasting precious time and should be going to the doctor now? So many friends not even trying , older than myself, and surprisingly POSITIVE test!! What am I doing wrong? Well, Im trying to take it easy this month. No temping, no opks. I will continue my pre seed and every other day one last month and hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks to celebrate!!!

I still temped in the mornings but I only took 2 opks around the days where I should get my surge. I thought we DTD at the wrong time but clearly not! I've attached my chart for you to see :flower:
Conceived cycle.jpg

Fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

We had been TTC for 2 years. The cycle I got my BFP was Xmas time and I has a!ot to do, I was also working shifts til midnight and OH was working shifts early morning so I knew we wouldn't even get the chance to BD and also I had my IVF appointment booked for 14th Jan. So basically I told myself there is absolutely no point TTC , we can't even find the time to BD when I am ovulating we may as well just wait until my IVF appointment so I decided to relax enjoy Xmas and new year and that IVF would be for us. Lo and behold I got the BFP 4 days before that IVF appointment. Unbelievable

Ha..me! I did everything " wrong" the cycle I got pregnant. I flew out of state for work, had wine whenever I wanted to, drank coffee every day, did not temp or chart, hiked uphill carrying my 4 year old who chooses such moments to be carried (this was after I'd conceived but was unaware). My DH and I had just attended an adoption seminar coz we had given up hope...we had been trying for 2 years and had 1 early mc in between. So yes- maybe the " f&$% it, I'm gonna go on with my life " attitude helped!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->