Anyone cycling during pregnancy?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My bike is my main means on transport, I cycle >4 miles and back to work twice a week and I cycle with my nearly 3 year old in a seat on the back to and from his gymnastics and swimming lessons etc.

I honestly can't imagine stopping, I couldn't really get to work another way, it'd be nearly an hour on 2 buses or a train and a 40 minute walk, my current commute is only 30 minutes total!

Is it safe to continue?

I don't bike, but the nurse said at the intake appointment that I could continue my exercise routine as long as it didn't involve jumping movements. Is there an advice line you can call just to check?

When I was pregnant first time around my midwife encouraged me to get exercise by cycling. I used to mountain bike quite a bit before I fell pregnant so was used to the exercise and being on a bike.

You obviously just have to be careful about falling off and not knocking your bump or anything.

I haven't cycled at all this pregnancy because I just haven't had the energy. I really miss it too!

If you have the energy to cycle, go for it! Use precaution though, keep in mind you are more prone to injury since your joints are loose.

Happy cycling~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->